Most dissapointing yoyo?

if you don’t like it then why are you afraid to ding it?

I wouldn’t want to mess up anything I paid that much for. Whether I liked it or not. At best I could resale a yoyo I didn’t like. They go for much more if they’re not damaged…

“Needless to say, the Yoffy is basically an Imperial, but with one of Mork’s suspenders replacing the string.”

That should’ve been on the packaging  :smiley:

Absolutely the most disappointing yoyo I have ever got was the Yoyojam Synergy.

Token. It feels like it’s made of recycled coke cans. The colorways are fun though.

1 Like

I know it is a very popular and much loved yoyo, but does anyone else find the Shutter disappointing?

Right. I just played my Shutter for a bit for the first time in quite a while.

I have concluded that I am an idiot for saying it is a disappointing yoyo.

For me it was probably the horizon. I remember when it came out it was considered as “the best throw for fingerspins ever by a landslide.” So I got one for christmas and found that fingerspins were very wobbly and didn’t last long. I also couldn’t see anyone doing horizontal (which requires quick movements) well on the horizon due to the fact that it’s so heavy you can’t even get it going at anything past a casual yoyo’s pace.

You can do fingerspins and horizontal quite easily on the Horizon. I’ve thrown a couple.

Just gotta develop your skills a bit more.

Agreed, keeping your finger loose, with a throw that will center your finger, is key. You want your finger to wobble and not the yoyo. Feels crazy once you get that going.

Shutter was kinda dissapointing for me… Same with King Yo Star Rapid Light

I think we all tend to set our expectations really high, myself included.

Most yoyos today are fantastic compared to their decade old counterparts. Go try your average $100 2005 yoyo, then compare it to your $45 shutter. A world’s difference…

Dude I would take a fluch’s, or old dif e yo, over a shutter any day.

1 Like

I would too, any old anti-yo for that matter. However, those were high end at the time. I’m merely trying to stress how far we’ve come, so that most throws now, are very well made, and perform very well.

I agree, the worst of aluminum yoyo I have is the Token, heavy, with little spinn, the only good thing is its anodizing and its laser engraving that are of good quality; among plastic yoyo are there PSG and l 'Asterioid of Adegle are yoyo with the distribution of the material completely wrong.

I love the Aftershock, to whomever it disappointed earlier in the thread. :wink:

Agree about the Horizon, though-- it’s not AS easy to fingerspin as it’s marketed to be. If you need to “up your skills” it’s not a no-brainer and the statement “not as easy as implied” is valid. You don’t need a loose finger, either, as evidenced by the “spin it on a rigid thing” videos (on a pen cap or straw, for example). However, mind might have also been due to the weird raised red splash; like an engraving, I suspect it messed with fingerspins a bit.

Suffice it to say… Elysian reigns supreme as the “easy to fingerspin” champ.

I do like the Horizon overall, though. Not a disappointment for me in the least!

For me, disappointments are more about timing. I found myself a bit disappointed with the 2sickyoyos Bishop… but it’s a PHENOMENAL yoyo!! It’s just that I already had 3 or so yoyos that played very similarly. So my disappointment was more like, “Aw, man. I know this feel already.” But that’s not a reflection on the yoyo’s quality but rather the timing of buying it. If I had bought it before those other 3, I would have been blown away and in love with it.

this is exactly how I felt. All I heard was shutter this shutter that, I had to know how this played. My fiend bought one so it was perfect. I could try it out. I picked it up, threw a few tricks,“man, people will hype anything…” Was not impressed at all. I mean, it played well for a $40 yoyo, but I didn’t find it special. Have it back and that was that. Later, I thought maybe I really didn’t give it enough time. Picked it back up, played with it some more. Yep, better than I thought.

It certainly isn’t the most special or amazing yoyo, but it’s deff something to have in your collection.

Now I want one.

OD Yelets. I was so excited to get it from YYE once upon a time, and it finally came… and I returned it the next day. I don’t know, the playability was off, the weight was weird and I just didn’t like it.

1 Like

For me it is the clyw bonfire. It was my first clyw so I think I had crazy expectations on how superior it would be to every other yoyo. To me it plays the exact same as a yyf cypher.

I have never owned or played a yoyo that I thought was disappointing but I have definitely played some that gave me closure and satisfied my want for a yoyo and sometimes it died right there and then. Some yoyos many talk about like the Draupnir, Slepnir, Dazzler, etc… were nothing special to me. they played fine but didn’t feel or see the hype and praise behind them. Would rather have another Bonfire any day over those three I listed above.