More product filters for shopping

I know this would require adding a lot of additional columns of data to the inventory database, but it would be great if shoppers could filter items on the webstore by:

• Color(s)
  • Color Scheme (solid, translucent, splash, wash, fade, etc.)
  • Diameter
  • Width
  • Gap Width
  • Weight
  • Shape (V, W, H, O, other?)

Things that are numeric, like diameter and width and such, should probably be grouped into ranges, like 30-40mm, 40-50mm, 50-60mm, etc.

I think color, color scheme, shape, and maybe even gap width is a little too nitpicky but ranges for diameter and weight is a great idea. Some other sites already incorporate this, it’d be cool if YYE could hop on as well.

1 Like

Fair enough. I was just basing it on the data that is already being put into the product “Specs” tables. But any additional categories that might be deemed useful would be great.

I like the suggestions too. Especially the ability to filter by diameter. The trend of super large throws just puts me off on buying new stuff. Without going into the individual pages or already knowing the specs of a yo-yo beforehand you can’t find what you’re looking for easily. It get’s tiresome looking at each individual page and then realizing it’s yet, another, gigantic throw.

3 Likes

Similarly, I’d love a filter for wide yo-yos

1 Like