You should be able to shop by type of yoyo

Looping, offstring and sleeping

That’s been suggested before. It’s been discussed and determined it’s not really necessary.

Most people can find most of what they want. It’s really the new people that have the trouble because they just simply lack the knowledge to know the difference yet.

Still, management makes the final decisions. They may choose to implement the idea. I am not management. I am lazy. I’d put in the effort to make it easy for lazy folks like myself to shortcut finding the information they need.

I completely agree that this is a GREAT idea and theres many reasons why every mega e-tailer layout works this way. Think amazon and newegg.

I should be able to apply the following filters to my view selection so that I can narrow down the yoyo of my dreams:

AXLE: FIXED / TRANS / BEARING
MATERIAL: WOODEN / PLASTIC / ALUMINIUM / TITANIUM / HYBRID
SHAPE: IMPERIAL / BUTTERFLY / EXPERIMENTAL
STYLE: 1A / LOOPING / OFFSTRING
WEIGHT: LIGHT / MEDIUM / 70g+
DIAMETER: 40mm- / 50mm- / 50mm +
WIDTH: SMALL / MEDIUM / LARGE
GAP WIDTH: NARROW / MED / 4.7mm+
COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: CANADA / USA / CHINA / JAPAN / EURO

Please allow me to provide a few examples and then I will offer an alternative solution.

First example would be if you are like me and are shopping for a new laptop. I personally am looking for a new Ivy Bridge based i7 cpu (first filter) with a 2gb graphics card (second filter). If I apply those filters into any of the mega e-tailer sites I will then be displayed with all of the offerings from the major companies that produce such a product. I will be able to compare them by looks and price all within the same search results.

Another personal example is that I am currently on the market for a few unique yoyos. For example I would like to buy a wooden, fixed axle, pocket sized, butterfly shaped with a c bearing. Currently I have to browse the entire catalog with no assistance whatsoever. Just manually paging through each brand of throws and reading the descriptions one by one. I cant even browse the search results page…I have to click each individual item and inspect it manually 1 by 1. This is no way to shop in this era!

I am also looking for a offstring yoyo with some other specific parameters that I am having difficulty meeting.

Now my alternative solution (which may already exist) to altering the YYE layout is that of a offline reference manual or “look up” tool in which I input all the filters I’m searching for which then scrubs a giant list of yoyos down to the specifics of my inquiry. This would be helpful and is something that could be community driven. People submit a yoyo form to get it added to the database. This would be very helpful to find a specific yoyo that might be offered on a different website or can be acquired only thru BST means.

HOWEVER I say we ditch the alternative solution because honestly YYE is the 1 stop shop for all your YOYO’s and YOYO accessories (I sound like Hank Hill when I say that) and YYE sets the standards for other lesser-developed websites to take note of and follow suit in their own time. Something like this lets people know they are dealing with a website of the same caliber and integrity you come to expect from Etsy, Amazon and Newegg, and to a lesser extent TigerDirect.

my 2cents.

1 Like

I like the idea of being able to filter by diameter, width and weight. I think it would really help people zeros in on what they prefer to play. If people can find their preferred specs easier and faster it should help increase sales.

Yeah I mean really. Who wants to look at a bunch of wonderful yoyos when you can just filter them all out! :stuck_out_tongue: It would be awful to find something new and unique.

I somehow find the time to look at yoyo’s and still manage to take care of daily life and get to have fun. For me it’s just not a big deal.

I’m sure most people do the same as well. I know that I do; I check out the selection on YYE a couple times a week just to look around. Plus, I like to try new specs out since you never really know how a throw will play with your style until its in hand. But…think about all the people who post on the forums looking for some specific specs for their next purchase. All those posts are an indication that a filter may be helpful in the end.

Yeah, I’d really be interested in one of those m’self… :wink:

2 Likes

Yeah, I too would like a fixed axle wooden yoyo with a C bearing.

1 Like

YYE has the best selection and yet they are lacking such a jewel! (Bwahaha)

1 Like

This is how yoyo companies get started! Example: “NO POCKET SIZED, OLD FASHIONED LOOKING, MODERN PERFORMING, BUTTERFLY SHAPED, C SIZED BEARING, WOODEN YOYO? UNACCEPTABLE!”

Of course there is the 3yo3 Moderfly which has the old fashioned look (of an actual 1970s Duncan butterfly) but with modern performing weight, response and bearing. That is REALLY close to what I was envisioning (old looks / modern performance) BUT I think a wooden yoyo is, dare I say it…EVEN MORE TIMELESS THAN A DUNCAN BUTTERFLY , because Lets face it…the concept of yoyo has been around longer than plastic or the Duncan brand name.

But yeah basically I want something that looks like a model T, yet handles like a Ferrari…not exactly a reasonable request but yoyo modders and manufactures arent the most sensible people to begin with…and I mean that in the best of ways.