More CLYW variety?

It might just be me, but I would love to own a derlin chief

I would like to see full scale production because if its a limited run, it would defeat the purpose of a low budget throw.

I donā€™t know about derlin, but Iā€™d certainly buy a delrin Chief.

thatā€™d be sickā€¦

no way, dude, itā€™s not only you. That would be pretty darn cool. :slight_smile:

Silliest comment yet.

1 Like

The octave 3 is the best delrin in the world.

Not quiteā€¦ Theyā€™d have to make about 100 different yoyos, each with 5+ color ways released over time to even come close. CLYW doesnā€™t obsess over having the most yoyos on an online store. They understand that quality beats quantity. (even if it makes less money)

I just feel like with the care that goes into the design of a CLYW, they could make a plastic that would completely change the plastic yoyo market.

With the double rim thing they love so very very much, itā€™d be a nifty little place for weight rings.

YYF still delivers quality.

I think the design of the Chief would be hard to do on delrin. Most delrin yoyos are ā€œsolidā€ designs, ie thereā€™s not many weak/thin areas. Think of the Severe and the Halo. Thats beefy designs, right? And then think of a Cliff. Get it?

I donā€™t buy into hipster boutique mentality. As long as the CLYW engine is being driven by Chris, there will be concern for quality.

You can have quality and yet still be a large-scale commercial success. Are we actually saying we donā€™t want CLYW to be a huge worldwide success? Weā€™re so concerned about our own warm fuzzy feeling from supporting a ā€œlittle guyā€ that we donā€™t want to see them be as large (or hey, even larger!) than YYF? Why are we supporting a small company if not to help them grow?

I for one wish them all the success in the world. I hope they sell thousands upon thousands of yoyos to people of all ages all over the world and that Chris get stinky rich and hires a hundred people who are just as passionate about yoyoing.

Iā€™m pretty sure CLYW has a plastic in the works.

Some plastics play really well, some donā€™t. It would be such an interesting novelty that the price point would be quite high to counter the high demand (like their metals) and I just wouldnā€™t want to overpay for a plastic just because it might be one of the ones that play well. Thus, I would prefer the predictable quality of a metal over an expensive novelty. Delrin is machined, not mold injected so that would be a slightly different animal in my eyes. That said, Iā€™ve played Delrin yoyos that blew me away and others that had a terrible wobble and pretty lackluster performance after tuning.