Monster Edge

Who’s excited its only 56$ too

6 Likes

What’s that?

The Monster Edge is one of the very best yo-yos you have never tried🤓

Pretty Wiiiide yo-yos have a tendency to play ‘like pretty Wiiiiiide yo-yos’.

Not sure how YYF came up with a magic formula? But this yoyo does not feel like a tube. And it does not play slow. It’s solid on the throw down. But moves quick and actually has a little float.

There seems to be more yo-yos in this price range that just play amazingly well. And this is an excellent example of value/price/performance.

7 Likes

So it is a monometal Edge Beyond? Even closer to Kuntosh then!

3 Likes

Wow! That looks great!

1 Like

I would not even think of comparing the two.

5 Likes

Oh interesting so it is quite a bit wider than the Edge Beyond? Because a normal Edge Beyond is a tad smaller than the Kuntosh. That’d make the Monster Edge far bigger.

1 Like

What about that 888GT you guys?? Confusion GT, but with larger bearing and hubstacks?

2 Likes

I know!!! Looks amazing!! :exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head:

1 Like

I’m not super convinced the Confusion GT shape is spiritually in tune with the 888 personally.

1 Like

I’m just excited about the package as a whole.

It just looks like a total joy to throw!

2 Likes

Funny, my first thought was how slow it plays while reading “and it does not play slow.”
Sure looks slow. I believe you :slight_smile:

1 Like

I probably won’t be getting it. I have reached my self-put limit.

1 Like

Yeah the 888GT looks really fun!

The Confusion GT is a Confusion with 888 features.

No spiritual injection…

Just a really good yoyo with a combination of features.

:wink:

I am curious as to why you are so obsessed with comparing this yo-yo to the Kuntosh? It is not a Kuntosh.

In terms of width, the Ko’olau Edge (which is the narrowest of the entire “Edge family” at 46mm) is closer to the Kuntosh than the Edge Beyond (which is 1.35mm wider than a Kuntosh).

Evan’s 5th signature Yoyo.

Compare the specs; the Kuntosh is extremely similar in shape and size / dimensions to the Edge Beyond.

Beyond is a tiny bit wider (~1mm) and has a tiny bit less diameter.

Comparing specs obtained from YYE, with the closest match to the Kuntosh 5000QV shown in bold:

Diameter:

1. 53.4 Edge Beyond (-2.5)
  2. 55 Edge (-0.9)
  3. 55.9 Kuntosh 5000QV
  4. 56.5 Ko’olau Edge (+0.6)

Width:

1. 45.65 Kuntosh 5000QV
  2. 46 Ko’olau Edge (+0.35)
  3. 46.76 Edge (+1.11)
  4. 47 Edge Beyond (+1.35)

Weight:

1. 64.8 Edge Beyond (-0.2)
  2. 65 Kuntosh 5000QV
  3. 65.2 Edge (+0.2)
  4. 66.5 Ko’olau Edge (+1.5)
  5. 66.7 Edge 1.5 (+1.7)

The Kuntosh 5000QV is closer to the Ko’olau Edge in two out of the three categories above, and I would even argue they are closer in shape than the Kuntosh is to the Edge Beyond. The Edge Beyond doesn’t even get to be the closest to the Kuntosh in any category, having to share that title with the original Edge in the weight category. Based on this, I speculate that the Monster Edge would be even further from the Kuntosh than the Edge Beyond in two, if not all three categories.

1 Like