Edge Beyond

The Edge Beyond is one the of the most unique throws out there. Take a WEdge and an Edge 1.5, fuse them together, and you get the Edge Beyond! The Edge beyond is light enough to handle speed combos and tough horizontal combos while still maintaining the stability with those huge chunky rims to be able to pull of the most complicated tech combos. The Edge Beyond actually fits very well in your hand despite its shape. In addition to all that, it looks really flashy in play too. Once you get an Edge Beyond, It’s extremely hard to put it down; It’s just such a unique and addicting throw!

5 Likes

Is there a pic of it anywhere?

Closeup, starting to look like a Kuntosh now, Beyond is an extreme H shape – the Edge is more of a W shape!

image image

Bimetal Kuntosh, ok, now you have my attention :eye::nose::eye:

1 Like

They have some GREAT colors too. I’m BEYOND excited… :wink:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BmSXuAYnuUS/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1gxxymavztpxt

image image

3 Likes

I posted a pic in the “What are you throwing today” topic

2 Likes

Having had my Edge Beyond for a bit, I wanted to share my brief review. NB: I am not very good, so take this with however many grains of salt you like.

To me, this is a yo-yo at the extreme end of current yo-yo design. This isn’t just “bimetal” in the sense of traditional steel weight rings, these are massive steel cylinders that extend ~3mm “beyond” the edge of the sides – basically, the entire rims are steel. And then you have the minimalist aluminum cups to tie it all together, plus a titanium axle to shave 1g off center weight. And a fancy high end bearing to boot!

To my hand, it’s also shaped very much like a Kuntosh, which I personally love the feel of, albeit slightly smaller in diameter. But the weight distribution is very different. This yo-yo is all rim weight, almost completely so. I think it would be difficult to design a yo-yo that had a more extreme ratio of rim weight to center weight?

The Edge Beyond has no chill. It is a study in extremes, all rim weight and performance. It’s much more than a sports car, even a high end one… The Edge Beyond is a rocket car made for Guiness Book of World Record land speed record attempts in vast desert plains. :rocket:

4 Likes

Yeah, I’m convinced I’d only hurt myself with one those beasts. :flushed:

2 Likes

I don’t know how the Yoyofficer Hatchet + stacks up with the Edge Beyond, but I’ve heard people say that the Hatchet + is better than the regular Edge.

3 Likes

The Hatchet+ seems comparable. I have one and I’ve tried an Edge - I’ll have to compare them more closely next time I get a chance.

The Edge Beyond is probably not very similar to either.

1 Like

Lol, I’ve only played with my Beyond for about an hour and haven’t played with it since. I keep it for the sole purpose of maintaining that Evan Nagao signature on the yoyo.

2 Likes

Well that’s Nagaonna be a lot of fun, is it?

1 Like

:joy: Makes me happy to see that one yoyo in my collection is still in mint condition.

I guess the Diamond Virgin is the edge beyond… beyond?

Diameter only 48.8mm though. Still waiting for the next level maxtreme metal rims, rumblings of a sequel to the Edge Beyond already!

1 Like

I really want to try that diamond virgin. It looks THICC

1 Like

Yeah, the Monster Edge Beyond, right?

1 Like

I really hope it will be called “From the Edge to Infinity and Beyond”

3 Likes

It’s extremely small. It’s kind of unstable for a yoyo with such big rings though :confused:

2 Likes

I’ve heard the same thing from others about this yo :frowning:

1 Like

I called it before any of y’all. Well actually I had it in a dream one night

1 Like