Monster Edge

yyf/evan made it because evan used to alwayyys use the monster, which was extremely wide, and pretty much was a precursor to all modern day, extremely wide and premium yoyos. the width also impacted evans yoyo greatly(as you can see very clearly lol)

1 Like

Would you count the Wedge and Wedge DELRIN separately? They do have slightly different specs according to YoyoExpert

Edge - Wedge - Wedge DELRIN - Ko’olau Edge - Edge Beyond - Monster Edge

Wow :neutral_face:

1 Like

I consider the Wedges to be part of the Edge family of Nagao signature yoyos, and I’m pretty sure YYF does too. After all, they put “edge” in the name to make them inclusive.

What I really want to know is which Jackson actually looked the most like Michael Jackson before he starts having surgery on his face? Not too sure about the exact variations in height width or weight. But they’re pretty much from the same family right?

2 Likes

Oh yeah, sorry.

Don’t apologize: It wasn’t criticism. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Yeah as I mentioned, the main thing is Edge Beyond is smaller in diameter. But as you can see on weight and width (and shape!) Edge Beyond is very close to the Kuntosh.

It is odd how the Beyond is the smallest of all the edges in diameter, by a fair bit!

I think that if the beyond had a large diameter it would feel too large and heavy.

Ok… But so what? There are lots of yo-yo’s with similar specifications that do not play or feel at all alike. Are you saying that the Edge Beyond plays and feels like the Kuntosh?

It does play like a bimetal kuntosh to me, yes. Since there is no actual bimetal kuntosh, it’s a bit speculative as to what that means… but I am OK with that!

(also I am a huuuge fan of the Kuntosh so this is all compliments.)

I don’t like the catch zone of monster edge, its narrow

1 Like

lets call it the medge now haha

1 Like

No call it ua mau ke ea o ka aina ika pono edge

1 Like

No…its not.

When does this drop?

Evan’s old video made me want to get a Monster so bad, but I was too late. I am super hype for this new monster, especially at the price!

This is my favorite yoyo video of all time. Really inspires me

1 Like

Where can I buy one?

It’s unclear, seems to be in stock on mostly european yo-yo stores at the moment. I do not understand how YYF allocates what they sell to the world…

1 Like

There was a pre-release for Czech Nats. We should have it end of next week.

2 Likes

I think all the orient expresses have it