Monster Edge is here

It’s finally here on yoyoexpert for 60$ I think I gave yyf the idea of it but if not someone correct me they were gonna make a monster pivot but i think they should make a superwide pivot now

2 Likes

How so? :thinking:

3 Likes

I asked them on instagram to make one and drew it for them then they said it needs to be more boxy.

2 Likes

My guess is that the original design for Evan’s signature yoyo was based on the super wide. YYF made a prototype but scraped it and sent it to yotricks which Jake won with and yotricks named it the atlas. Evan went with a different design the (original edge) and moved on from there. I’m guessing they revisited the idea and made the monster. From Evan’s recent unboxing I think YYF is working on a hybrid yoyo next. All of this is just a guess though I’m not really sure.

This video is why I think yotricks got Evan’s proto.

3 Likes

Technically YoYoFactory released the ‘SuperWide’ and ‘Monster’ first:
https://yoyoexpert.com/blog/yoyofactory-presents-john-chow/

Monster

Monster was a more premium high end version of the wider yo-yo and definitely was one of the first of its kind.

Evan used it with an amazing performance in 2014 at US Nationals - proving that the ‘width’ really made a difference in allowing for some bigger tricks:

So EDGE is a combination - best of both Worlds - Edge meets MONSTER!

6 Likes

I commented on the mystery box video for 2018 that showed the Marcothinking that is was a “monster pivot” and I think it spread from thereimage

3 Likes

Oh that is interesting. I also noted that Evan said his second choice from the YYF stable (after his signature Edge obviously) would be the Marco which is fairly wide (46mm).

2 Likes

Even with a Monster Edge and Superwide in my collection, the OG Monster looks super nice. Also this amazing video:

3 Likes