New release from YoYoFactory - The EDGE Ultimatum!

Evan Nagao designs his own yo-yos. He follows a design philosphy which is reflected in his tricks. He influences the way yo-yos are played with both of these elements. The future of yo-yo play is heavily influenced by players like this and the designs they create, inspire or influence.

Ultimatum was a side project. While perfecting the yo-yo he used to take 2nd place in the World Yo-Yo Contest Evan was inspired to create a bigger, not monsterous but wide yo-yo which would suit the needs of players looking to push the limits of yo-yo play or who could benefit with a bit of size and stability without the burdeons of heaving weight.

This is EDGE ULTIMATUM. Sharp, wide, stable, and powerful.

Releasing Thursday 12/12 @ 11:59PM EST.

10 Likes

I’d love a comparison photo of this, the K’edge and the Monster Edge!

Also…this is one heck of a tiny yo-yo!

Screenshot_2019-12-11 Edge Ultimatum

/thinks Andre is slacking… :stuck_out_tongue:

13 Likes

Thanks for catching that one, fixed. :+1:

9 Likes

Thanks @YoYoExpertGarrett

For some reason I thought the Ultimatum was somehow going to be wider than the Monster.

Ko’Olau Edge:
Diameter = 56.51 mm
Width = 46.04 mm

Edge:
Diameter = 55.00 mm
Width = 46.76 mm

Edge Ultimatum:
Diameter = 58.98 mm
Width = 51.49 mm

Monster Edge:
Diameter = 54.95 mm
Width = 55.59 mm

9 Likes

At first glance I thought for sure this was that thread of a thousand names.

You know the one I’m talking about.

7 Likes

That gold looks real nice

3 Likes

Ti-edge monster next? Most titanium designs have had pretty conventional dimensions, it would be interesting to see what thinner walls would do for the design.

6 Likes

Tiss Edge.

4 Likes

Nah the next release is going to be a rerelease of The Edge with a new yo-yo that is a fusion of all other yo-yos in the line, called “Don’t Push Me ‘Cause I’m Close To”

5 Likes

I thought the ultimatum was also a bi-metal? Weird

4 Likes

I think there is a bi-metal also coming out called the ultimate

4 Likes

Ahhh that’s what I was thinking of. Looking forward to that one!

1 Like

Evan actually said that design was prone to having vibe and manufacturing problems so I guess it wont come out at all

2 Likes

Evan used a prototype of the bi-metal version at World’s. According to him it had vibe that he wasn’t happy with, and they just couldn’t engineer it out, so they switched gears and turned it into a monometal. That switch in direction is surely the reason it took this long to release it to market.

From this I conclude that chances are slim that we’ll ever see the bi-metal version.

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure Yoyofactory is still working on the edge ultimate trying to the tune the vibe out. I think the ultimatum was just a prototype that turned out really good so they made a full run. (In my opinion the ultimatum is even better then the bi-shutter)

3 Likes