New addition to the YYF Edge lineup - The EDGE 2022!

EDGE 2022:

From YoYoFactory: Designing with Evan Nagao is a fluid process. Rarely a month goes by without samples or CAD designs getting worked on by one side or the other. Evan was off exploring a new design direction (that didn’t quite work out) while we started working on a reimagined original Edge. As fans of the whole Edge line and under the influence of Ultimatum and Infinity as the two latest releases we found a real winner in the Edge 2022!

It captures a feeling but turns the volume up with less aluminum and way more steel than the original edge. This yoyo will find a place both on stage (one day) and hitting big tricks in clip videos. At 65gm the player will find themselves in control with the rims driving through combo after combo.

For the Initial release we Have a couple of Evans favorite colorways as well as a player edition by new YoYoFactory team recruit Aldrin Brylle Marapao of the Philippines.

Online now!

17 Likes

7075 brah. Description needs an update :innocent:

13 Likes

Looks Sick!

3 Likes

12 Likes

how would you compare this to the normal or edge 1.5 in play? thankss

The new Edge is wider and lighter, it has a more agile feel in play, but still plenty powerful like the og edge.

6 Likes

When I play with this it makes me think of the yyf IQ.

5 Likes

How would you compare them?

They really feel so similar while playing. Just holding the yoyo the edge feels more solid. They both seem pretty light on the string with the IQ somehow seeming lighter to me at times, but I was never really sure. When I would speed up the IQ felt as if it resists tilting more than the edge. This was just off of doing the same combo a few times with each one. The IQ seemed to stay straighter and bind with a bit more power. It could even just be some variation in my playing.

I imagine the edge’s shape could be better suited to horizontal than the IQ, but I do not practice horizontal very often. Can’t do much more than basic throw and catch horizontal.

If someone were to ask me which one of these yoyos to get I would likely say whichever one you thought looked cooler.

5 Likes

I put about 100 hours on an iQ. I’m not there with the edge yet but I’m putting time in. It’s in my current 2 yoyo rotation. They feel similar but iQ does have more weight and inertia which is either a good or bad thing. Edge does play above it’s listed weight and if you are good I think it will reward you better but for the average person I think iQ would be the choice. I’m considering starting out building a new routine (online worlds 2022 :innocent:) with edge but if I can’t take advantage of it’s extra speed it’s ability to change direction in a more dynamic way and I need something a little more towards middle of the road I’ll fall back on iQ.

12 Likes

Is the iQ your signature throw without your signature on it? It’s ok, you can tell us. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

The other yoyo I’m playing with would make a great signature yoyo… but it’s someone else’s :innocent:

6 Likes