Modern Responsive

I hope mark finds other stuff to put the mr85 bearing in. I would love a doc pop x Mk1 collab at some point. I also can imagine Glenn will cook up something new at some point.

Maybe I’m talking out my rear but I would love to imagine there are more cool modern responsive we haven’t seen yet on the horizon. The Origen today though is definitely the most bang for the buck one.

5 Likes

I love the Origen. It’s in my top 3 responsive freehand throws, along with the Confusion and the Kasm. I think it’s my most chill of those; I feel like I easily get into a responsive freehand flow state with it.

I only have the black but would probably have gotten the red too if there weren’t so many awesome releases lately.

Here’s mine with its Layer Infinity Monster Ball.

8 Likes

Mentioned by Mr. Glen recently.

This is a Spinworthy x MK1 Prototype. MR85 system (same as the RBC and Origen).

Harbinger

I would assume we will see more MR85 systems in the future?

18 Likes

Oh my gosh that’s beautiful. If I got one of those it might cure my apparently incurable desire for an Alleycat 650b.

1 Like

No, no it wont. That unicorn is still on “my” list.

2 Likes

What’s worse about it is you know there are those out there who have 10 of them.

2 Likes

Yeah I want that. That’s a beauty right there. @Glenacius_K why you got to hold out on us like that… joking aside I imagine that would take the cake in modern responsive if widely available.

2 Likes

Was fortunate to purchase a Red Origen when they first came out. All the “buzz” is that Red since now “sold out” plays far superior. If you hear different, probably fake news! :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

I just know my red one plays better than any other color could. :rofl::rofl:

6 Likes

I feel the same about the rbc. My clear is amazing but I imagine the red plays better. Don’t ask me why

1 Like

You should try the gold. It plays the best!

3 Likes

Wish I would have known about the Red Origen. I just gifted it to someone.

Had I known, they would have got the blue.

2 Likes

I don’t know what everyone’s saying about the red Origen. I could go to that other yo-yo site with the tricks and whatnot and buy one right now. I’m pretty sure the red being out of stock is fake news.

No good deed goes Un-Pun1sh3R-D.

2 Likes

So I didn’t list them because I honestly forgot about them but my yyr impact and my rotor make really nice modern responsive s as well.
Uploading: image.jpg…

6 Likes

I’m not a big modern responsive player, but these, “Thing(s)” play sweet. They have the right amount of response for new modern responsive players. DocPop and ToyBania put some fire in these.

15 Likes

Easily the best modern responsive for $20. Couldn’t agree more

1 Like

drool

I happened to pull out my Butterfly XT this evening, which got me back into the hobby during the pandemic and also got me into modern responsive. This thing still rips. Awesome value.

5 Likes

I really need to get me one of those. So affordable, so available, so why do I still not have one?

2 Likes