Modern Dark Magic?

So being bored in class, I got to thinking what a modern Dark Magic I think should look like and what attributes it’d have. I just got to sketching it out. So the bearing seat I envisioned is set up the same way as the Cabal bearing seat or Rally bearing seat, with a spacer and the post being a separate part. I added a slight angle to the wall to decrease how much the string rubs against it while still maintaining a very Dark Magic shape. How I envisioned the rims being attached is the plastic, works best with acetal plastic, A.K.A. delrin, wraps around a step on the metal ring. Delrin expands when heated and shrinks when cooled, so the rims will be easy to attach, and can actually be removed by heating the plastic, the New Breed was set up this way. The rims could be removed when the yoyo was put in hot water. Never caused an issues during play. Specs would be identical to the original Dark Magic, and I’d like to see it take caps as well. Maybe one day I’ll see it made!image

10 Likes

@MarkD Put this into Fusion 360 ASAP.

1 Like

This would be cool. I love delrins.

Pretty sure a modern Dark Magic is coming. I have no inside source, just… some hints I’ve seen, and a feeling.

4 Likes

Nice drawing!

2 Likes