Modern 0A Style Responsive YoYo Maintanence

I haven’t ran into any problems yet, but I’m anticipating needing to relube my new Day Tripper at some point with Silicone Grease in order to maintain its responsiveness. I already have some silicone dielectric grease, is that ok, or should i get some silicone o-ring lubricant grease?

1 Like

Is it clear? then yeah it should be fine. If its not clear it would still work, it would just look kinda messy. I like to pack the bearing with the shields off.

2 Likes

Thanks for the response! It is clear, and I’ll be sure to deshield before applying.

1 Like

Any type of thick lubricant works really. vaseline, bike grease, etc.

1 Like

Dielectric grease is perfect.

1 Like

Really appreciate everyone’s responses! Out of curiosity, what are y’all using to apply the grease to the bearing? The A-bearing ball opening is quite small.

a small sewing needle or toothpick is perfect. I made a short video on this topic way back when i was sponsored by a different company.

its not very good but it at least shows a way of doing it.

7 Likes

Thanks! I was already thinking of grabbing my sewing kit for this purpose, but its nice to know I wasnt far off lol. I already use the needles in the sewing kit to deshield bearings so its usually pretty handy.

3 Likes

This thread is awesome! Just picked up some dielectric grease for my day tripper and G2 respawn. I’ve gotten so used to playing with my fixed axle yoyo that my modern responsives just don’t feel responsive enough anymore! Grease to the rescue

3 Likes

The RBC will not be like this. It responds much snappier than other modern responsives.

Hardly any maintenance either, just put new pads in when they’re used up and that’s it. No lube needed whatsoever.

5 Likes

That sounds exciting… I’ll be keeping my eyes open

1 Like

Stop it man! I can only get so impatient waiting for the RBC!!

3 Likes

For what its worth, this is what I ended up grabbing for easy bearing greasing. The small applicator tip makes it really easy to fill a bearing, even an A-bearing with minimal mess.

5 Likes

Where did you find that grease? Can you provide a brand a name?

Thank you.

Brand name is on the tube, Danco. Purchased at Home Depot for about $4.

1 Like

Thank you. My vision is poor. :frowning:

2 Likes

You’re welcome! If you’ve got any other questions I’m happy to help.

1 Like

This stuff is fantastic, just applied to a Deeper State. So much better now.
Packed the bearing, re-applied shields, and added a bit in the bearing seat.

1 Like