Modded Butterfly XT using only OEM Duncan parts. :D

Recently found out about these Mod Spacers kits that came out in 2012 as per the wiki. Well they quickly turned into an obsession and here we are. One butterfly XT in each color with each color of duncan weight rings. Satin finish and flowable silicone response. They play amazing compared to the stock $5 XT. So much fun. Unique colors too because i tried to dye them all black… but it just made them kinda smoky instead but i dig it. Found someone selling 7 mod spacers kits in 1 pack on ebay. That’s how i got my hands on so many. Lol but there’s a bunch more left, so don’t worry. Can get them from Pro Z’s too. duncan rings are still in stock everywhere. I hunted my local targets to find the XTs, needed to add a little challenge. HIGHLY recommend hunting the bits and building one of these. Just such a cool concept to me using all OEM Duncan bits to take a 5$ throw and turn it into a beast. Once you get them tuned up, they are siiick. 10/10

28 Likes

The setup also worked on my Hayabusa, just needed to grab an axel [bolt] about 3mm longer. It’s gotta be around 80g, but a 5a C bearing hayabusa? Come on… that’s rad. Thank you Duncan for being awesome!

13 Likes

Damn thats sick!

1 Like

XTs in action

14 Likes

awesome! i wish modding and things like this were as popular now as they were back in the day. on one hand it nice that basically everything is at least very decent, on the other hand silicone recessing a freehand was fun.

8 Likes

Me too. Modded yoyos are so cool to me. I’ve got a few that are proper mods and they’ll never leave my collection.

4 Likes

I’m all over this! Thanks for sharing.

2 Likes

I’m a big fan of the Butterfly XT so I may need to locate some mod spacers to try this out.

Funky cool mod.

Do they sell those spacers anymore?

Only on ebay from my research. I looked all over, outta stock everywhere. But there’s new in package ones on ebay

3 Likes

Nice! I have a set or two of the mod spacers. May have to pick up an XT! I knew they fit most of the new yoyos but didn’t realize it fit the XT as well! Definitely will try it out!

1 Like

Yeah, those mod spacers are great. The purple one was actually my first unresponsive throw.

6 Likes

The beauty about all these parts was that I was able to find them all at Brick’N Mortar stores back in the day

5 years later anyone know where someone could get a pair of these spacers today? I have an itch to get an old pro z setup with them but don’t have the spacers. I didn’t find anything in a quick google that was still in stock but maybe my Duncan sources are lacking. I guess I could snag another pro z but figured I would ask you all first.

If you look up Duncan Mod Spacers on ebay there are some Pro Z Kits complete with the spacers. I remember looking for this a couple weeks back.

1 Like

@Captrogers PM me.

4 Likes

Ohh will do

I bought a few off ebay a few months ago. Very cool little kit

Edit: had no idea this was my own thread. Lol the “5 years later” part through me off. Def not 5 years old

5 Likes

I picked up a skyhawk a couple weeks ago for under $10 shipped just for the weight rings.

1 Like