I’m a tinkerer, by nature, and when I get a throw that I like the look of, but it doesn’t perform as well as I would like, I’ve just got to mess with it ;D
At the suggestion of another member, I made kind of a database of my yoyos, and their bearing sizes. I had a FAST 201, and thought I would exchange works in them and see what happened.
At first it didn’t look like it was going to work. I tried at first to just exchange the bearings, and the FAST’s axle o-rings into the TBB GT. Didn’t work, as the o-rings spread things out so far that I couldn’t screw the halves back together.
Then I compared the spacers - the FAST’s spacers were thinner than the TBB GT’s spacers, so I traded those out, as well. It took some firm pressure, but with the new spacers and the o-rings, the TBB GT is not only a better player, the o-rings make the string gap fairly adjustable. Really plays well now.
I’ve now also got a FAST 201 that’s pretty stinkin’ unresponsive!