Mk1 Design Contest

What I would do is bring the 7075 up to the top so that if it hits the ground there isn’t as much damage.

Yes it is! I actually measured my finger (which is pretty thick), and added the extra few mm so that pretty much anyone would be able to finger grind with it.

(Unless you have Itzhak Perlman hands)

1 Like

I’ll accept entries until 5PM Eastern (about 3hrs and 10 minutes after this post). Loving them all so far!

1 Like

I just realized I forgot to post the picture I had of the yoyo drawing on the template, so here is the full entry:

This design is a joint venture between me and @FourCorner
Taking the undercut to the extreme has been an idea of his for a while now. It should make for an interesting feel. I did what I could to maximize the angular momentum, and hopefully came up with a yoyo that is both really crazy and fun, but also performs decently.
I also included a finger spin dimple, I think the “trumpet shape” in the cup that comes from the extreme undercut would guide the finger into the little finger spin cup in a fun way

Weight: 66.4 g
Width (rim to rim, like a regular YoYo): 46.2 mm
Diameter: 55.1 mm
Gap: 4.5 mm
Material: 6061 Aluminum
Surface: Blasted

3 Likes

I don’t think so!

I did post a view of the sketch, but I forgot to include the picture I made with the sketch on the template. I’m not sure how important that is, but I thought I’d throw it in there

I also threw in a little more info on my thoughts with such an out there design.

3 Likes

Oh I see. :+1:

1 Like

Thank you for the additional details! Using the template isn’t necessary but it helps me keep everything in one spot.

2 Likes

Are you guys announcing a winner tonight or another day?

1 Like

A good question! There are so many awesome designs here, it must be hard to choose!

I’m soliciting feedback from my team tonight, so I should be able to contact a winner tomorrow. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Making a design was super fun. So glad I got the opportunity to participate!

4 Likes

Ditto

3 Likes

Who else is nervous to hear winner?

3 Likes

Why else would I have checked this strand 2 times a minute all day lol

The MK1 design contest winner is… @Grapes!

His original drawing:

Here is my rendition of his drawing:

…Did you know that the fingerspin cup is actually Batman’s head?

The Mk1 team liked this one for its cool inspiration, the colorways that immediately pop to mind (grey/yellow, all black, riddler green…) the funky shape, the radical fingerspin cup, and the overall uniqueness of the resulting yoyo.

I will be sending the 00/30 darkmode converge his way tomorrow, to travel around the world before landing at his doorstep!

Thank you all SO much for entering, it was a lot of fun looking through all of the designs.
I may do some renders of a couple other team favorites for entertainment purposes, especially the What? which might look good in Riddler colors.

19 Likes

Congratulations @Grapes !
A worthy design, and a victory well deserved!

4 Likes

Congrats! Enjoy that throw.

2 Likes

This would have been my pick as well. Awesome idea @Grapes!

3 Likes

Somehow I want to see that in Production!

2 Likes