Mk1 Design Contest

Thank u :pray: I actually was thinking of building a version with LEDs also.

1 Like

Of course, same for me :heart:

3 Likes

Dude! That is literally sick! If you made more, I would buy one. The world really doesn’t have enough printed yoyos. I do want to know how the plastic guts are working for you though.

This is my yoyo
image image image
Specs:
Weight 62.5g
Diameter 44.196mm
Width 55.198mm
Gap 4.45mm
Bearing center trak c size
Designer, Levi Duppong
Name: storm
Notes: my goal for this yoyo was to create a fun personal, high end titanium yoyo. This yoyo would my personal competition yoyo if I ever made it.

6 Likes

Thank you :pray:. The current versions I use with OD side effects. The older versions I used a technic called ironing in 3D printing which remelts the plastic in specific places to give it a smooth surface without the print lines. This can also be used to “harden” the plastic and make it more durable. And yeah there are a lot of different materials to print with which are pretty hard also.

3 Likes

I played around with various nature-based shapes… mushroom caps, seashells, but the wave ended up sorta working the best. It’s supposed to look like a wave breaking. I don’t know about materials, but you know… “metal”.

very fun project!

15 Likes

heh heh heh

heh heh heh

11 Likes

Welcome to the forum! You must be a Buckee’s fan.

I am enjoying the heck out of these. Love to see you all giving design a shot.

2 Likes

Thanks! Yep, worlds greatest gas station :slight_smile: Always a highlight when I visit back home. Now they just need to expand nationwide!

3 Likes

I just finished my entry!!

Behold… the Mark (heh) XLII (42!)!!!

Uses multiple pieces of 7068 aluminium and one piece of SS ring to assemble.

Definitely captures the spirit of Mark 42 since it’s multiple piece! Especially when you ding it…

10 Likes

Your avatar is one of the Zoom backgrounds I cycle between.

3 Likes

Local supersized gas store in South/central Texas.

1 Like

Hi !

Here is my attempt:

I don’t know if it’s feasible, if it would be well balanced… but that would look great IMO !

6 Likes

Here is my entry It is my first bi-metal design attempt so I hope you all like. Thank you for the opportunity MK1.

mk1 3

Edit: I would like to change name to starburst if that’s possible lol.

7 Likes

So many good ideas

6 Likes

Welcome to yoyoexpert forums!

1 Like

Designer!!! Nathan Bullock
Yoyo name : The Ripple
Width: 47mm
Diameter:57g
Weight: 60g
Material: 7068 aluminum titanium inner ring

Notes: The concept is for it to look like a ripple effect in the water after a pebble has been thrown in. Hopefully by using titanium as a heavier metal to aluminium it will provide good power but keep the throw light, nimble and comfortable. But I don’t really have a clue what I’m doing!!!

Hope this works as had to free hand draw and double exposure on template.

5 Likes

Here’s mine! It has most of the things I like, cheif-esq profile, inner ring grove, flat cup, lots of rim weight, mono-metal.

6 Likes

I posted this on Instagram last week

3 Likes

My entry:

2 Likes