Mk1 Design Contest

Thank you @hobbygod! It was fun AND I learned some new CAD tricks. Oh no, I enjoyed learning something. Someone call an exorcist!

3 Likes

If this ever gets made, eat the rich.

Additional stuff:
MOI: >18000 g*mm^2
Axle: 6 mm, if you’re rich enough to buy this you’re rich enough to just buy another if it strips.

12 Likes

This design is a joint venture between me and @FourCorner
Taking the undercut to the extreme has been an idea of his for a while now.

Weight: 66.4 g
Width (rim to rim, like a regular YoYo): 46.2 mm
Diameter: 55.1 mm
Gap: 4.5 mm
Material: 6061 Aluminum
Surface: Blasted

12 Likes

Behold,

the Blunderbuss.

3 Likes

Here’s a competition design I did last year after worlds

11 Likes

Of course, starting out strong with a green yoyo. I appreciate that this has all the features that people tend to ask for - what if it had blades, what if you could set it on fire?

Unfortunately, I disagree with you about your cottage cheese toppings.

This is very cool and I love the idea. Curious how it’ll look revolved into 3d.

This made me say “What?” when I saw it. Then I understood.

This is very funky looking! One of the things I try to get across in my designs is to make something people want to touch to see what it feels like. You’ve gotten that across for sure. Some feedback though, you have some curves and bumps that look like they’d get in the way of the string being guided into the gap - smooth those over!

Really solid design and spares no expense. I like how you’ve added a notch to lock the POM ring in place.

The CAD template I included was for a 10mm axle, at 6mm you could make this with a completely flat hub.

So uh, let me know if you find a supplier for Platinum pipe stock in that size.

I can tell you’re trying to one-up your sponsor here, hah. Looks really cool! Is the gap area wide enough to fit a finger through? I want to finger grind this, a lot.

Looks like a good start, but you may want to make the rim thicker, it looks very pointy! In fact, I think I’ll sue you about it :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

This is a very well polished and looking design, nice work! The subtle cut leading up to the rim makes it look very classy.

8 Likes

Ok, why not?

draw contest

#mk1designcontest
@mk1yoyos

3 Likes

Ok, I changed it. This is my final entry. :crazy_face:

3 Likes

I don’t wanna win because black yoyos are ewwwwww. Here’s a drawing though. I hope you like it

Specs are 50mm x 40mm, 90g. 7068 Aluminium with SS rings. 19mm pads, C bearing and 4.6mm gap

13 Likes

Looks like one of those yoyos that would try to break the longest sleeper from back in the day.

4 Likes

more likely to break your wrist than any records. I see the resemblance though

5 Likes

This is my first yoyo design, let me know you what you think.

des

6 Likes

I have a submission, but I won’t be able to submit it until next week. (I’m on vacation). If you can, please extend the submission date. Help me MK1 yoyos, your my only hope.
Edit: if you don’t want to extent the date, that’s fine. I have he pics of the design I wanted to submit, I just won’t be able to put it in format.

5 Likes

Want!

3 Likes

Yeah I can’t count I went from 10 -> 8mm, not 8-> 6mm.

Agreed!
Real men throw green right?!

2 Likes

There aren’t words in the English language to express how wrong you are.

5 Likes

The idea is to have a throw that can only be created by printing and not by turning.
My entry is more like a “design” piece which plays pretty well as plastic yoyo.
Plastic (thick walls) 66g
Size R: 56mm W: 44mm

Preview

Shape

Test print

Compiled dummy

10 Likes

hehe I hope it was clear that I was only joking :smiley:

3 Likes

That looks awesome. Very menacing! Does it shoot laser beams?

2 Likes