MK1 and Spinworthy present - The RBC!

Thank you all for your kind comments! I’m very excited about the RBC’s reception.

I’m personally interested in keeping the RBC in stock. I like it, it’s a yoyo I can use to teach anyone how to gravity pull, it has a cool & fun shape. The initial run was very big, and André wanted to support it a lot, which is why there’s so many available here!

Related, I just sent 70 bearings YYE’s way, and I’ve ordered more spare pads.

21 Likes

I just bought a Navy Blue RBC. I had to order a backup to make sure I got one while available. :wink: The bearings are still out of stock. I will get a couple sometime later.

I would still like a red one and maybe white!

6 Likes

Just snagged a Rhnull. I’m looking forward to seeing what the hype is all about. I haven’t experimented with 0A much - just have a Delrin Gamer and a Butterfly at present - so I’m hoping this sparks more of an interest.

9 Likes

Trust me your in for a treat :wink: You’ll love it :grin:

5 Likes

Loving the RBC, here is my tribute video to it’s moon shooting.

6 Likes

Glad everyone is still enjoying the RBC.

You haven’t heard the last of Mark and I!

14 Likes

The RBC is superb. I don’t know if I can resist getting a second one… :fire:

5 Likes

I wouldn’t mind seeing an RBC purposefully engineered to just be the two halves screwed together as a fixie with the area that would be bearing posts coming together with the same diameter “axle” as the MR85.

Or idk what I’m talking about.

3 Likes

I’ll keep it in mind to make a dedicated metal fixie.

7 Likes

Makes my day that you like the RBC @zslane.

4 Likes

Thanks mate!

I wasn’t happy with the bearings used in current metal responsives. The only way I was going to release my own was if it had a smaller bearing. C, half-spec C and A bearings arent quite the right fit in my opinion. A is close, but I still feel isnt perfect.

10 Likes

Me too! Its a great colourway. Way better in person too.

To be fair there were a lot of them though.

3 Likes

I guess I’m an outlier, I prefer solid colors. I would actually have ordered the YYE edition otherwise. (My Navy Blue is scheduled to arrive tomorrow.)

2 Likes

I absolutely love this piece! It is really fun and feels great in hand. Super comfy to throw or even just to hold. I had to order a second one while they are still around. The navy is killer.

5 Likes

The gap with the standard bearing is actually 2.3mm.

1 Like

Ill take note on the yoyojam thick lube. I have yoyofactory thick lube, should be pretty much identical stuff right

1 Like

Also snagged a navy!

3 Likes

I just ordered a second one today(the gold). I just can’t shut up to my wife and friends about how amazing this yo-yo is. I’ve realized just 5 days into owning one that it’s by far the best throw in my collection.

I hope to see more pads/bearings come into stock soon, and I really hope you are able to do another production run in the future becuase this is a yo-yo that deserves to be timeless and that everybody should have a chance to enjoy.

Thanks for creating such a magnificent tool. It’s just beautiful.

7 Likes

(This user has been censored by forum moderators)

5 Likes

I just can’t stop fawning over this thing. my god its amazing, next pay check, if my wife is cool with it, im getting a third, a navy color if they are still available.

I just can’t wrap my head around how they made this so perfect… I want to have a nice stock of RBC’s that will ensure I can basically play them until I die.

now my life-path has diverted into two distinct phases. my life BEFORE the RBC, and my life AFTER. the RBC. this is my holy grail. I feel confident that a few years down the road this throw will get wider recognition as a seminal game changer, and people will be selling them “lightly used” on the market in the 200 dollar price range(especially the first production runs).

This machine is as beautiful and organic as a modern responsive throw could possibly be; I light up with the smile of my long gone inner child every time I throw it.

and on a side note id like to compare it to another modern throw I just bought in the last few weeks: the new Duncan Bimetal bumble bee. that yoyo SHOULD have had the responsive characteristics of the RBC but it didn’t. thankfully this yoyo stood in and took its place.

12 Likes