MK1 and Spinworthy present - The RBC!

Heck yeah! It really seems to be, seeing the result. Took mine on a nice little excursion today. Jungfraujoch, Switzerland.

35 Likes

Would you pretty please post these in: Show Us Where You're Throwing?

7 Likes

So beautiful!!!

2 Likes

I’m a Blue Blood!!!

I received my Navy Blue RBC in the mail today.

It’s a good balance to my Orange RBC.

7 Likes

Agreed on this. People talk about a particular yoyo being incredible or different, but this thing is kind of beyond that. It’s the perfect yoyo in the original sense. Not limited to throwers or even anyone who’s used a yo-yo before. It’s just the ideal example of what a yo-yo as a toy should be. Perfect weight, feel, appearance, response. Comfort food. Just holding and throwing it is pure fun.

9 Likes

I love my RBC, but no matter how much I grease the bearing (or don’t grease it), it’s still not as snappy as my Daytripper with a bearing packed full of grease. The RBC has this tiny delay before coming back, the Daytripper just doesn’t. I do prefer the shape of the RBC though.

1 Like

Something is wrong here.

3 Likes

Care to elaborate?

1 Like

Only that for pretty much everyne else it’s the most responsive metal they own (including myself).

4 Likes

Could be string type maybe?

5 Likes

Have you considered Teflon for white? I remember the 401k doing this and think it’d be pretty cool

1 Like

Could be. I use Goldilocks badwolfeco sliccs in all my responsives and the RBC is the only one that does the little delay before it comes up. Again it’s like a 10th of a second, but it’s noticeable when going back and forth with my Daytripper. :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Yeah that seems unusual. I now own 2 RBCs and both are extremely snappy and responsive while still allowing lots of room for string tricks. Like- I can do 10+ revolutions on a brain twister without it ever coming back to me by accident, but as soon as I tug, it comes smoothly, no delay.

4 Likes

Did you try the string that came with it? Worked great with mine.

4 Likes

I’ll try it!

4 Likes

(This user has been censored by forum moderators)

2 Likes

I’ve been having good luck with Zipline Alphaline. I really like the BadWolfeCo sliccs, but I wonder if they’re just too slippy/slippery for the RBC?

3 Likes

Could be! I’ll try it with another string for a few days, break it in and see how that goes. To be clear I still love it. But also the Daytripper is amazeballs, it’s hard for me to compare the two. Different feels but both 10/10

4 Likes

I did my part!

After all of the praise around here I broke down and I got one of the red and black splashes. I’m very happy I did. If anyone is holding out for a solid red, don’t. The red and black turns an awesome congealed blood red when it is spinning with pinstripes where the seam between the outer and inner halves meet. The picture is a little too bright so the colors aren’t blurred together quite enough to capture it (did my best using a tree to hold the string).

rbc-yye

I’ve played with a Day Tripper and while it is very good, the RBC is more comfortable to catch and I think has a better response. I think the RBC has the best tug response I’ve ever played. The size in your hand is a little smaller than a ButterflyXT without the sharp edges and a little bit narrower. I can’t testify to looping because I can’t, but it is awesome for my limited repertoire of 0A stuff. The dimple and finish make pull starts fun.

Kudos to MK1 and Spinworthy.

22 Likes

The fact that this 2 month old realeases post has over 319 comments is just a pure quantitative testament on how well the RBC has been recieved.

23 Likes