Mission 5A

Ill try to do only 5A for a month!

If you haven’t already, check this guy out. He has some of the best 5a i have seen recently.

Let’s do this.

Ryota is just too good, I’ve been watching his stuff for like a year now and it never disappoints. So anyone here doing 5A at NER? Also, this is just insane, European 5A is taking over and all of Europe’s 5A is just getting so…different…in a good way…it’s just crazy, I love it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLwPVtqgtyI&=LLOUPj-YTWh9HshFuRw2gwtg

Count me in guys. I am planning on making 5A my main discipline for the next few weeks. I find it 100x more difficult than 1A at the moment though. Hopefully it will all click soon and I can progress my free hand game to the next level.

I found an awesome tutorial series for 5A at difinitiveyoyoing.com for anyone just starting out like myself. (They are not a store, so mentioning that site shouldn’t be breaking the rules right?)

best 5a video ever… it gets real when he starts using the yellow yoyo.

I’ve been doing 5a non stop today… I think ill keep it up. I can definitely feel it catching on better than 1a for me. I don’t think I’ll ever be that good at 1a… but hey theres 4 other styles… so mind as well start now :slight_smile: I’ll make a video soon enough.

Also. does anyone know of any good tutorials so i can learn some new elements?? I got through most of the YYE tricks and now I’m just messing around. I’d like to learn some more “real” tricks so i can get better.

Best tutorials around.

5a to me is easier than 1a but i really want to learn horizontal 5a

I will start after I get some silicone for my DMII

Horizontal 5a is a toughy, I suggest doing tanglers and other tricks where you spin the CW and yo around or even just the CW when learning horizontal 5a.

Time for an update on here :slight_smile:

First, Robbie Graham has been killing it lately, congrats on second at MOYO (I believe first in 5A?) and I don’t know who else did 5A. NER had two great 5A competitors that beat me out (AJ Kirk won, Elliot Jackson got second and I got third with Maider a point away from me) so that was fun and tough, I don’t think anyone took 5A too serious there though. I’ll be honest, I’ve been drifting away from 5A a bunch lately, the lack of people is starting to really upset me and just losing inspiration. I’m thinking about starting up some 5A tutorials maybe, I’ve never done a tutorial and have never even considered doing it because I myself suck at learning so I just don’t use them much, but now I’m starting to think about doing them so maybe some people will watch them and start up or something? They’d mostly be originalish tricks, some easy, some hard.

Bring this thread back to life with my latest 5a fs from ks states.

Think you killed the thread instead :open_mouth:

I always hated 5A cause i sucked at it, but last week i got bored while my friend was at work, it really is a lot of fun! I didnt even look at any tutorials, i just messed around manipulating different things. Fun fun funnn.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fmjIF2Pe9K0 like i said i just started lol

Happy 5A May by the…way :wink:

Just started 5a and I love it, thanks 5a peeps

Getting really into 5a… developing my own tricks now. Getting better every day. Watch out Chase :wink:

Ha! I told people it was 5A May…

warning some dirty language in the music

Yeahhhh, JonRob stepping up the 5A game. That last tangler combo was really tight too, almost looked like Poi for some reason.