Missing a drop

I seldom buy yoyos new but I have not been this excited for a release this much since the C3 Fingerspin(ok that yoyo might’ve ended up being a massive disappointment BUT STILL). Been anticipating it for almost a year and been following since they first announced over a week ago… But internet and PayPal wanted to be dumb so it sold out before I could cop one :disappointed:

I guess this is what it feels like to miss a drop AHHH I’m so upset. Have yall ever missed a highly anticipated release before?

unlikely but if any of you copped one I will offer retail and more

9 Likes

Good luck buddy!

I’ve played the G2 drop game numerous times and missed a few, but the one that stung the most was the Rainicorn Wolf. I was salty about that for months. I eventually bought one on the aftermarket, so I scratched that itch, but it was painful at the time.

6 Likes

I almost crawled out of my skin when I missed the Murmur drop. Looking back, I don’t think I could care any less now.

5 Likes

I remember I really wanted a titanium, and the NSYYC Aurora was dropping on YYN. I sat there for AN HOUR refreshing, because they said it was dropping at 8. They messed up and forgot, so it ended up dropping at 9, and I missed it. Next week tho hsyy had a few of the clears and I ended up getting one

2 Likes

Unfortunately due to debt, mortgage, and a 2yo son, I live paycheck to paycheck. I usually get enough funds about once a month to buy a throw over the $50 mark, and it seldom occurs in time with the drops I am looking for. So I feel it a lot. It gets better after the first couple. The pain dulls. Your expectations are realigned, and you learn to save and hope the stars align one day.

The Ti-Vayder has required some planning on my part though, and if I miss it (probably not according to the volume of productions they’re implying) I’ll cry like a toddler with a skinned knee.

9 Likes

Yes the goal here is to make a drop so big everyone gets what they want.

Imagine that.

8 Likes

During the initial OD MC Drop I couldn’t get a nickel but I still managed to get a clear so it wasn’t that bad.

This one hurt a lot cuz I know a lot of the buyers are probably from Asia and I’ll never see those so I’m not sure how many Americans or people that use the Facebook BST actually bought it.

Regardless, the hunt has already started. I set aside money for this and the Ti Vayder, which will likely be my only 2 big purchases for the next few months. Not letting them slip away.

2 Likes

I realllllllyyyyyyyyy wanted the Cadence CB. Complteted checkout less than a minute after the drop, but I still missed. I was literally seconds late :weary:

1 Like

unless they can’t afford it… speaking about price will it be less than TI’s usually are?

That will be announced when they are in hand… right now they’re still being manufactured.

3 Likes

i dont miss drops i just cant buy

4 Likes

I once thought I was going to miss a drop. And it was a big one for me the B.S.P. and nation was the only game in town. Needless to say I missed it. And when I called Weber on Monday that ruthless bastard told me that they saved one just for me due to our past business and the fact I called them ALL the time. So I guess I didn’t miss the drop, but I did. Yet I didn’t! Good thing too cause ZamMan bought six of those bad boys.Man Good Times.

8 Likes

G2 Aftershock retirement run. They were dropping two colorways: a brown I knew wouldn’t be as popular and a pink swirl. I could have probably snagged the brown splash but I really wanted that swirl. Predictably, the swirl was gone in a flash and browns were gone by the time I got back to the page. I’ve missed other drops and especially other G2s but for some reason this one stuck with me.

4 Likes

Didn’t miss a drop, but I was worried that I would miss the drop and miss the colorway I was after with a limited run of yoyos from a local designer. They were dropping at the time I would be slogging through traffic as I headed home from work. I had contemplated actually pulling off into a parking lot, wait for the drop, place order, and finish the drive but luck was with me, the color I was after was still present when I got home and computer fired up.

I don’t “Day 1” drops all the time, happen far and few between but there was 1 other time when CLYW was doing its final drops of the original Yeti. I was at work. I had the page up and ready to place order and was quick at doing it without having management swing by to “see me on the internet” :slight_smile:

1 Like

Woop woop! I think this is the first time I have seen someone from America get it right! So often when someone over there wants to express how little they care about a thing they say “I could care less” which actually means they care about something to a substantial degree and have capacity for caring less.

Off subject I know (y)

7 Likes

My Hero! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

The BSP I owned was one of the ones that used to belong to Zammy. I wonder how many he still owns? @_Z1 ?

1 Like

At least one for sure.

It is one of my personal pet peeves as well. Haha

2 Likes