Mini practice Shutter

C’mon, that’s not in the spirit of our hobby! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :grin:

2 Likes

I’m trying to want the yoyos I have more than the ones I don’t.

6 Likes

I think you mean the St-Stutter

6 Likes

It’s tempting as I like small yoyos but currently my Clique is scratching that itch.

Clique’s specs for those who wonder - uses a C bearing instead of an A which feels great in this.

• Weight: 58.4 grams
  • Width: 34.4 mm
  • Diameter: 43 mm
  • Stock Response: 19mm Slim
  • Gap Width: 4.15 mm

I will have to say though that playing a yoyo of this size and jumping back to a full size, you do feel a lot more accurate, things feel easier. Same goes for when I jump from a 66% to even an undersized throw.

1 Like

Sacrilege, heresy!!!

I think the “A” bearing makes me more interested in the Putter (Love that nickname).

4 Likes

At YoYoExpert Nov 13.

I don’t run a fat string on it. The small CT sings.

5 Likes

Supposing I wanted to improve my chances for a particular number, any idea how the stock is being spread over “most yoyo retailers”? Sequential? Random?

Steel Practice Shutter…“Sputter?”

4 Likes

Hey @yyfben2.deactivated , out of semi related curiosity, was it you who actually designed the Shutter? I feel like that’s an important piece of yoyo history (considering its popularity) that I can’t find anywhere.

4 Likes

So random that I don’t know where any number is

1 Like

Which one is better, the 66 shutter or the steel shutter?

3 Likes

The obvious answer is, it depends…

Since “better” is entirely subjective, it might be easier if you tell us what qualities you feel make a yoyo “good” in the first place.

2 Likes

I like to think the “Best” yoyo is the one you’re holding!

I don’t have the 66% Shutter and Steel is my first mini. It’s fun to throw and can be challenging. I think its worth every penny and she is super pretty! We were talking about it here… What did you get in the mail for 2019 / 2020?

1 Like

I haven’t played the steel shutter, but do have a similarly sized yoyo - the One Drop Clique. I feel like the steel shutter was designed to be a mini that feels like it plays bigger. That’s how the Clique is.

The 66 shutter gives an added challenge with being a smaller form factor. It really depends on what your want out of it, your comfort level with small yoyos. I was pretty impressed with the tiny shutter myself… But I’m a 66% yoyo fan boy and tend to buy every model they release.

2 Likes

I might get it to find out I lost both my 66% Shutters that I loved, soooo I might get it to see if it’s just as good.

It is so much better than the Popstar!

1 Like

I’m sure it’s more performance-orientated. I’d like to try it. I never connected with the Popstar due to my skill level. Maybe one day I will be able to manage it better. I never meant to say it was better.

I know you didn’t. I’m just saying it’s a whole nother animal.

Fingerspins are super fun on the Popstar, though!