Tell me about the Shutter Wide Angle?

Tell me your experience with the yoyo. Is it much at all like the original Shutter?

1 Like

So this is probably my favorite all around YoYoFactory YoYo right now. The added width combined with the rim weight of the Shutter gives it a very fast, stable and deliberate feeling as it moves. I also like larger/heavier yoyos usually so to me its just right. For Gentry I know it gave him added confidence on stage with the extra width and I think a bit more stability through long combos or slight mistakes and ability to recover.

7 Likes

If you are used to playing with the Shutter, the Shutter Wide Angle gonna take some time to get used to it

1 Like

My first all metal good yoyo was the shutter. The wide angle feels so much better to me. One of my favorites. It feels good in the hand and the width is not distracting at all. For learning it helps me. The weight seems lighter on the string, just fantastic. I like a little more heft. For instance, I have a Horizon Ultra and had to get a Horizon original. It was too light for me.

3 Likes

it plays physically better, but more competition oriented. If you want a more classic feel or the idea of having the WYYC yoyo, go Shutter. If you want wide, competent yoyo, go WA.

One word - Stable.

I am excited to throw mine, I should be receiving it tomorrow in the mail, I got the icon laser Ingraved one

1 Like