YYF Wide Angle Shutter

Hey guys, calling all throwers with a YYF Wide Angle shutter in their arsenal. Tell me honestly what y’all think of it. Curious to see what you guys say.

4 Likes

Curious to read the replies as well. I know I’m late to the party on the Wide Angle Shutter but am seriously considering finally adding one to the collection.

3 Likes

So am I. All the positive reviews seem to have me wondering if there is anyone out there who has cons to add.

I have two Wide Angle Shutters, the original, and the 2019 World Champion Edition. I like both of them much better than the original Shutter, as I found the original to be a bit lackluster to me. It goes without saying that it isn’t lacking anything for Mr. Stein. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I prefer the World Champ Edition over the other, and it isn’t lacking in anything for my style of play. They both seem to have that pizazz that I was hoping for but could not find in the original Shutter. No cons come to mind for either WA Shutters. Don’t get me wrong, after throwing a few hundred plus yoyos, I finally see why most folks recommend the Shutter for a first metal throw, it’s solid, very stable, steady and can do just about anything you might want to try. Unfortunately, I found the original Shutter to be bOriNg. Not sure why. I haven’t bothered with the bimetal Shutter for this very reason. If it was a WA bimetal Shutter, I would have been all over it. Hope this helps.

4 Likes

@Durfee the king of wide angles.

1 Like

You aren’t alone among the numerous people who find the OG Shutter boring (never tried one), but the Butter is definitely not a yoyo to be ignored. I have tried a fair amount of performance bi-metals, and the Butter is the one id reach to when im looking for a performance bi-metal yoyo. It is probably a bit higher up on the fun-factor than the WA for me, but it is different in a way where I still like the WA. Out of my “favorites” case, it is the only performance bi-metal, and the other performance yo is the 2018 web Banshee.

My assessment of the WA: it is a great performing all-rounder. I found it almost boring at first, but it is light and nimbly in a way that makes it an exceptional player. It grew on me and is now a go-to mono-metal if I just want to jam the hardest of my tricks. It plays slightly fast for learning, but is still a good option for that purpose (which always depends on the kind of trick imo). The cons about it are the awkward catch, but this is the case with a lot of performance throws since im more of an organic guy. Imo considering the price/availability, this should be a given yo in most collections.

5 Likes

@Travelingyoyokid

Con = lacks power and barely fits in pocket

5 Likes

I have tried it and it performs really well. It feels like that air slicer type feel because of how wide and its shape. Its like the opposite of a blocky yoyo feel. Very catchable, stable, and can go through combos very well. You won’t be disappointed

2 Likes

Great to hear! I’ll be sure to add it to my collection

2 Likes

Appreciate the help! I’ve wanted to start my collection with wide angle yoyos with a big catch zone. I’ll be sure to add it to the collection

1 Like

I think that each on of the shutter line has its own feel, while at the same time the still feel like shutters.
The shutter is the all round on of the bunch, just good for everything.
The Wide Angle is wider wich makes land hard tricks easier. It is also faster than the og shutter. The og shutter I think has more rum weight than the wangle, but I don’t have any problems with spin time on the wangle on a day to day play. The wangle is better for horizontal, as being wide helps that a lot
The Butter is different. It’s on the other end of the spectrum. The Butter gives you that solid, high quality feeling. It’s heavier than the og shutter with more rim weight.(hence the stainless steel rims) The butter is slower than both of the yoyos before it.
It all depends on what type of feeling yoyo you like. If you like just a all round yoyo that’s good for everything, get the og shutter, if you like lighter and faster yoyos get the Wangle, if you like a solid throw, get the Butter.

7 Likes

wait, there’s the OG Shutter, Shutter, Shutter WAngle, and Bimetal Shutter, the OG Shutter, and the Shutter are different yoyos.

2 Likes

We need a bimetal Wide Angle!! :wink:

5 Likes

With mono metal styling!

3 Likes

When I referenced og shutter I just meant the normal current version.

2 Likes

Ah ok. :+1:

1 Like

I’ve never played the WC edition Wangle, but my one con of the regular Wangle is that it could use more power.

3 Likes

Im pretty sure the butter is only 64.5 grams while the og shutter is 68 grams

1 Like

Well it feels heavier.

1 Like