Mini practice Shutter

So who’s going to pick up Gentry’s upcoming all-stainless steel, mini “practice” Shutter (Putter?).

Does anyone know what the price is expected to be?

1 Like

I think its really cool. The price is going to be $100 I believe. Steel yoyos are usually more expensive (right?)
I’d pick one up if I had the means right now

Already did.

8 Likes

Looks cool, but I already have a 66% Shutter, guessing the Steel Shutter will probably be more in the same league as the One Drop Clique (which is a fantastic yoyo).

Steel shutter and 66%shutter

6 Likes

How do you like it?

2 Likes

How’d you get your hands on one? I haven’t seen them anywhere… I can’t even find the specs for it! LMAO

1 Like

I like it a lot. Plays very well. No problems hitting longer combos on it.

3 Likes

I got lucky.

1 Like

Specs?

Weight: 65 grams
Diameter: 44mm
Width: 34.75mm
Gap: .142” in
Bearing: center trac small
Axle: 8mm

@SR1

3 Likes

How is this a “practice” yoyo? There are cheaper options to practice with. Just wondering.

2 Likes

The idea is to practice on this, and then play your normal size yoyo. Especially for contests, but also as a way to improve generally.

Gentry said he ran his whole routine with a v2 Popstar prior to his 2019 worlds win. He said it was like swinging a heavy bat, and that he thought it helped him get a higher percentage hitting his difficult elements.

You’re right in that you wouldn’t have to use this yoyo to accomplish the same thing. Even he didn’t. It’s just the yoyo that he’s developed, with that idea in mind.

4 Likes

.142” is only a 3.6mm gap. That’s really narrow for an unresponsive yoyo!

1 Like

I get it. I just saved $100 and pulled out my Popstar and put on a new string. Either I got better since I last used it or the Popstar got better. Magic!

6 Likes

Its an A Bearing.

I like how @Gentry_Stein keeps it all about sport.

3 Likes

I didn’t like the Popstar I had. Too small, even for practice, at least for me. I would probably use one of my Parlays to do what Gentry did in terms of practicing on Hard Mode.

But aren’t A bearings too narrow to be unresponsive?

Not if they are clean and thin lubed. That’s what was in the Legendary Freehands and FHZ that were at the beginning of the unresponsive revolution.

3 Likes

That putter nickname fits so well

1 Like

Being made of stainless steel, I suppose it could also be called the Stutter.

10 Likes