New release from YYF - The Gentry Stein STEEL SHUTTER!

The world champion Gentry Stein signature Shutter series is one of the largest and most popular in the YoYoFactory lineup, and it’s about to get a little bit bigger… or smaller maybe… with their latest addition. The pocket-sized Steel Shutter!

Machined from Stainless Steel, the new Steel Shutter takes the classic Shutter shape and adapts it to the denser and more durable material. It has the same weight as the full sized Shutter, but is sized down for weight and fitted with an A bearing. This gives it an incredibly powerful spin with all the power and performance of a full sized model. And it’s superb freestyle practice yoyo - Hitting your hardest tricks on a yoyo this size really helps to hone in your routine before a contest!

The smaller size makes the Steel Shutter the perfect yoyo to throw in your pocket or take on the go. Each one is individually numbered and engraved with the premium YYF logo and Gentry Signature.

Releasing Friday 11/13 @ 8PM EST.

9 Likes

@YoYoExpertGarrett How many will YYE have?

Super curious how this is going to compare to the OD Clique. I’m excited!

@YoYoExpertGarrett The specs tab says it runs a size C bearing

Thanks for pointing that out, fixed.

1 Like

Any insight on how it plays?

Seems like it will play pretty hefty at 65g on such a small yoyo. Even the regular shutter is lighter than this. Heck, even the shutter wide angle and the bimetal shutter is lighter than this.

On the other hand, the heist doesn’t play too heavy and has similar specs.

Also a comparison with the 66% shutter would be nice.

4 Likes

The small bearing and 65g weight five it a really powerful feel. I didn’t think it felt “too heavy” but it definitely has more heft on the string than some lighter throws. Overall I liked it, makes a great pocket throw and feels every bit as playable as a full sized yo-yo. I tried it with normal kitty and it played great, but I don’t think I would go with a string any thicker than that.

8 Likes

That’s great! I’m always using normal kitty sized strings anyways so that’s no problem for me. Thanks for the insight.

I got lucky and found a heist recently and it is truly a fantastic mini throw. It’s been in my pocket everyday since I got it. I already had to talk myself out of buying one of these and now I have to go compare specs… smh

1 Like

Yeap it’s awesome! No kidding I got it as my first throw when I started out. Still plays great today and surprisingly better than a lot of other minis.

1 Like

After looking at the specs I would LOVE to see the steel Shutter next to the Heist.
This is really hard to not purchase.

3 Likes