YoYoFactory STEEL SHUTTER New Colors!

Machined from Stainless Steel, the new Steel Shutter takes the classic Shutter shape and adapts it to the denser and more durable material. It has the same weight as the full sized Shutter, but is sized down for weight and fitted with an A bearing. This gives it an incredibly powerful spin with all the power and performance of a full sized model. And it’s superb freestyle practice yoyo - Hitting your hardest tricks on a yoyo this size really helps to hone in your routine before a contest!

Releasing Friday 8/19 @ 10AM EDT

15 Likes

That rainbow! :rainbow:

Steel Shutter

5 Likes

That Pimp Daddy Gold would sure look good with my cane and fur coat…

5 Likes

Funny. I was scratching my chin thinking how grand life would be with a gold yoyo, but then I thought “no, settle down, silver.”

3 Likes

Wife took one look at the rainbow one and went “You need to buy that one”.

I’m blessed with a woman that understands my personal brand of madness.

11 Likes

Lucky you!

1 Like

Anyone else want to speculate as to how it may play on the string?
I’m comparing it to my…

Mini Star 2: 59.5g / 48.83mm dia / 36.46mm wide
Steel Shutter: 65g / 44mm dia / 34.75mm wide

With it being smaller and heavier, will it feel like a rock? Or because it’s SS, it’ll feel lighter than the 65g? :thinking:

All good until she takes you to Macys and she holds up a Rainbow colored custom leather purse and says, ‘And, I need to buy this one’. :scream_cat:

4 Likes

What the lady wants the lady gets.

5 Likes

A lot of people have said that it plays pretty solid and weighty on the string, so I’m guessing it’s going to play far more reluctant than the Mini Star 2 and isn’t as light and nimble as the Mini Star 2. I’d hazard that it’s less stable as well due to it being a monometal yoyo, compared to the Mini Star 2’s bimetal design.

3 Likes

After playing the lowerkase…I’m not worried.

1 Like