Metals on airports.

Hey guys, quick question. As most of you know I’m going to worlds. I’m just wondering can you just pot your yoyos, striing lube, etc. in your luggage instead of putting it when they inspect you for guns, knives etc?

Well, I’ve never tried, but why wouldn’t you be able to? I don’t see why not.

You don’t have to worry about the metal. If you check the lube in a bag you don’t have anything to worry about there also.

However, if you are planning to have the thin lube in your carry on, you’ll need to take it out and have it in a plastic baggy when you go through security. (Not actually a problem, just a hassle.) Also keep in mind it has to be less than 2 oz. of liquid generally. Don’t bring more than that!

You should be all set besides that.

Ok, thanks.

Is the YYJ thin lube bottle 2oz.?

If you’re already checking a bag, you might as well put your yo-yos in it so you don’t have to risk anything.

eh, might as well not bring lube, too much of a hassle…i can just borrow someones :stuck_out_tongue:

Will stirngs be a problem?

You’re risking a lot more checking them than carrying them on. Other than any pointy tools you might have, you’ll be fine.

I had yo-yo’s in my backpack yesterday when I was at the airport. One of the people who check the bags was actually trying to play with one. :o

We actually had a topic not long ago on this, but yes you are fine. I had all my yoyo stuff, besides my case, including lube and pliers (had problem with those at the Empire State building though) so you’ll be fine. I didn’t want to put it with my luggage because they’re my babies.

Would it still be ok if you had your yoyos in a metal case?

Wasn’t there another post on this?

I would say yes to the metal case/yoyos. They probably would have to put it into the scanner to see what’s in it, but I would say yes.

Yeah I doubt they would have a problem with a metal case, but I made it easier and less bomb looking by putting it all in a couple of plastic Walmart bags, 3 actually.

Yes there was anothe topic on this a couple weeks ago.

I don’t think it will affect anything.

Well, there was another topic but my main question was could you put your yoyos and string in a carry on bag.

That was what the other one was about too. :stuck_out_tongue:

just tell them you have metal rimmed yoyo’s inside so when they see them go through the lugage compartment they wont worry. escuse my grammer i’m in a hurry

I thought it was about putting it with your watches shoes etc. :stuck_out_tongue:

OK, so final answer, put it in your bag and no one will care?

Correct. They might check it out, but they don’t consider yoyos weapons.

They wont say anything about string?