Metal Yetis hold the key to secret Golden Akita giveaway

I’m just curious because there are still some available retail - might buy one if that color one hasn’t been found yet.

3 Likes

There is? I can’t find any at all. I’d appreciate if you could PM me the source. I’m not even looking to get one myself, I’m just interested in what yoyo vendor I’m unaware of!

4 Likes

There are some left on YYE.

2 Likes

Why not engrave the glyph in the bearing area? Or even better: hide it in plain sight within the logo in the cup.
Having to remove the pad is just stupid. Especally given the fact that nowadays, pads last a very long time for the casual player.

1 Like

Yeah, seeing as how we could basically shoot an infomercial about how inconvenient it is to replace them; especially with flowable. I’m looking at you @codinghorror :wink:

3 Likes

Last I heard none have been claimed.

2 Likes

this thread is like people on a desert island waiting to be saved

1 Like

Just bought a metal yeti from the YYE store yesterday. I really have no interest in an Akita, but winning is always nice. I’m pretty cheap, so I will probably wait until I need to replace the pads to check for a victory mark.

OH MY GOD I FOUND A VICTORY MARK

2 hours earlier:

Get the laser engraving machine ready, Bob

8 Likes

I’m surprised by the fact that noone has engraved their own logo there and claimed the Akita xD

2 Likes

Yet…

*Laughing Intensifies

2 Likes

Finally bit the bullet and checked my metal yeti. No engraving. Good news though, I was successfull in taking it off clean. I was able to put it back on and still works perfect.

5 Likes

Did we ever find out if anyone discovered the Golden Akitas?

9 Likes

I checked mine yesterday, no dice

3 Likes

Just the other day on Discord @unklesteve mentioned only 1 has been found. He said it was the worst promo he’s ever done :laughing:

I don’t know if people just don’t know about it, aren’t looking or what?

9 Likes

Do we know which color metal yeti was reported?
I’m tempted to put up a “looking for” post for solid colour metal yetis!

5 Likes

I got a blue one if your interested, lol

3 Likes

I think putting it under the response pad was a bad idea, that’s way way WAY too subtle. Should have been a regular engraving on the outside. That’s my opinion.

3 Likes

Nah, I said it was the best failed promotion I’ve ever done lol.

One has been claimed. I think I’m gonna give it through the rest of this year and then I’ll figure out something else to do with them.

9 Likes

The whole point of the promotion was to reward people for buying them without trying to force people to buy them just to find the reward.

We didn’t announce the contest until after their release…having the engraving be that obvious would have kinda wrecked that.

Considering how many people are constantly asking me about different color pads and changing pads it didn’t seem like we’d have such a problem getting people to look under them lol

9 Likes