Metal Yetis hold the key to secret Golden Akita giveaway

With the availability of laser engravers these days you would think someone would have found another by now…

10 Likes

LOL I didn’t even think of that @YoYoExpertGarrett :thinking: but @unklesteve I believe the results speak for themselves … 1/5 after this long… is too subtle?

2 Likes

My bad!

I still think it was awesome, got me to buy a couple :grin:

2 Likes

On the topic of the Metal Yeti, I very much enjoyed the concept of it, as the OG Yeti was just such a joy to play.

It just made sense that a metal version would be metal for lack of a better word, and it is, it can absolutely slay. Would I say I like it more? That’s subjective to the person, personally, I enjoy the OG more, but that’s just because the material (glass infused plastic or something like that) was just the coolest hand feel and most unique material I’ve used. It played fantastic.

I think they said it was a total pain to accomplish though and we’d likely never see it again, which means those OG Yeti’s will forever be one of a kind.

The fact that they hooked us up with a metal version is awesome and while they don’t play the same, it gets the point across in a different material while still being a killer throw.

And if anyone can get the rights to the material they used on the OG and create some throws of their own from it without the issues CLYW experience with production, they’d make a killing.

1 Like

Cool idea. Knew nothing about it. No surprise though. Steve has been innovating the yoyo game for 40 years.

Thank yew Uncle Steve.

We engraved a HUGE “YOU HAVE WON A PRIZE - CONTACT YOYOFACTORY” on a Hubstack Catalyst once, behind the Z-stack.

Never heard a word…

10 Likes

Probably because most throwers grew up with internet in the early 2000’s and have a psychological resistance to messages like that. :smiley:

Ivan

Brb I know a guy