Metal Yetis hold the key to secret Golden Akita giveaway

Wait what? is this really a thing Ryan?

5 Likes

Metal yeti yes under response pad there is an engraving i per color 5 total and 5 golden Akita…go to Clyw

4 Likes

If you win give it to mail to me so I can try it out please lol

2 Likes
5 Likes

Huh! Time to check under those Metal Yeti response pads, y’all!

3 Likes

No ■■■■ I was about to start buyingnyetis

2 Likes

GOOD LUCK GUYS!!! Hope someone is lucky

1 Like

From CLYW

Here’s the skinny: when we first started planning production for the Metal Yeti, we were nervous about making a lot of them. So we thought “Well, if we’re gonna do it, let’s do something extra to make it more fun.” We kicked around a lot of ideas, and we settled on a scavenger hunt. Announcing it BEFORE we sold the return tops seemed like a cheap ploy to sell you something you might not want, so we decided not to tell you until after they were on shelves and in your hands. In fact, we didn’t even tell the stores, and we just told our team last week. We really wanted this to be a surprise.

There are five Metal Yetis floating around out there right now with these engravings hidden under the Snow Tires. One of each color. If you peel up your Snow Tires and find this engraving, you win a Golden Akita.

The Golden Akita is anodized gold, with black steel rings and black engraving, and is limited to 8 pieces in the world. Five will be distributed to the winners, the other three went to Chris, Mark, and Steve because we are collector nerds. This color combo will never be produced again.

We recommend peeling up those Snow Tires carefully so you don’t have to throw in a new pair. Also, the engraving is on both halves, so if you peel up one and don’t see it, leave the other alone.

Thanks everyone. Good luck, and email us with a photo to claim your Golden Akita!

8 Likes

Lol if we were so bored I bet we could just engrave one ourselves and they’ll believe it xd
(pls dont ban me mods)

3 Likes

Curse you RNGesus!

I had to know… can you imagine going your entire life without knowing?!?!

18 Likes

This is probably CLYW’s business tactic. Open em snow tires up, then force you to buy more snow tires!

8 Likes

Dang wish I had bought one - this is a really cool idea! I also like the way they went about it - they didn’t use it as a gimmick to sell the yetis, but rather waited all this time before they announced it. Congrats to the eventual winners of those awesome Akitas

3 Likes

Did any of these ever get claimed? :thinking:

1 Like

Like one

1 Like

Shoot, I never got around to pulling the snow tires out of Andre’s display models at Nationals.

7 Likes

1000 IQ move right there

somewhere in the world, there’s 5 unknowing persons

1 Like

The 5 could also be sitting on some shelf in their boxes waiting to be purchased.

7 Likes

Anyone know if any of these were claimed? Do you know which color?

2 Likes

What if it was like the Wonka golden ticket disaster on The Office? lol

One person got all 5 :sweat_smile:

5 Likes