Messing around with a hyper spin yoyo

Found this at a local shop,

I’m going to try my best to mod it, kinda like a dollar-tree yoyo thing. The whole thing is made of stainless steel and weighs about 100 grams. Pretty heavy I know, but that’s what makes it interesting. Theres some text on it, but not engraved, I can (and will) just buff it out. It’s axle is held tight by two domes, and it uses plastic starburst response. Here are some pictures, if anyone has any ideas, feel free to reply.

Let’s see the response area, this could be a really cool project.

I think my first instinct would be to try and reshape, maybe knock some of that weight off as evenly as possible. Obviously a modded cheap-o isn’t gonna be super smooth, but it’ll be interesting to see what happens

I have one of these. I’m really curious how one would go about modifying those plastic starburst response inserts…

I hear you. I too have one of these and it is definitely an odd setup.

When I see this I can’t help but think… did someone who make this actually plays any actual yoyo? Or someone just googled “yo-yo”, and then decided, “Hey let’s make something like this”.
I mean, it looks like it has potential but…

Maybe add rubber rims and use it for 4a ;D

ive modded one… if you take some of the parts from the yomega mod yoyos it works out pretty well…

i got a full sized c bearing in one and it actually played quite well not the best but certainly fun to dodge the snapbacks…

i ruined mine in a modding accident i was trying to put hubstacks on it… hopefully you fare better then i did…