Medium YYF metal?

Actually, no it wouldn’t.

Yeah, Samads right. It is all preference, but it won’t fit both.

Actually no. some people find mediums too big and some find them too small. But all of them seem to be pretty good sellers.

And if YYF won’t come up with a cheap medium-sized. I will rob a bank for the Falcon.

I can say why it doesnt exist already. Basically i have not seen the appeal. In responding to this I am reminded of many requests for (the new definition of) medium bearings.

Different performance characteristics can be delivered through any combination of design elements. Size is defineately one of these but think people get carried away too much with it because it is finitely measurable. Because you can see a number does not mean that it will perform or feel a certain way. 50 VS 52mm? To me it is splitting hairs when at both of those sizes you can be delivered so many vastly different playing experiences. a 55mm yo-yo can play faster and more ‘acrobatic’ than a 50 mm yo-yo which can play like a slug on the string and a brick through the air, depending on a myriad of other design options.

I can state now our next 4 Metal releases do not fall into the 3mm range requested, the reason why for this is much easier to answer; because they are all player signature pieces made to the specifications and demands of our sponsored players ;D

Im happy to hear more reasons why we should, but I just want you to know where our thinking is :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I did never say that the size was related to the play. Neither did I say that the size was related to the feel, but I am saying so now. The size gives the feel in the hand. And while a 3 mm difference sounds small, I find it to feel like a lot. People actually choose their size-preference out of what feels better in the hand, simply because (as you said yourselves)

The reason I requested this was because I want a yoyo in that size simply because I like how that size fits in my hand. And I wanted you to make it because I wanted it affordable at the same time. It was just the yoyo in my brain and I could not picture any other company than YoYoFactory making it.

In the end I shall respect the maker and just save up for a more expensive yoyo in that size (I was doing that before I made this post anyways.

Addment: Thank you for your consideration Ben.

So, in your opinion, feel in the hand is defined purely by the size?

Not being argumentitive, just trying to get a clear understanding :slight_smile:

Hey guys, check this out:

I think this is a great idea.

I’ve had many people say “medium” when answering Samad’s questions. I really can’t reccomend much.

Of course the shape matters a lot. But the diameter and width kinda measures where the yoyo will hit the meat on your hand.

Addment: It’s best you don’t get caught up in this Ben. Just make great yoyos and you’ll be good to go.