Magnesium yoyos with white coating

I heard what magnesium yoyos from TP or with such coating are getting dirty if you use it actively. How fast is it getting dirty and is it possible to clean it? Also how does is it react to damage?

2 Likes

White powder coats damage easily and the magnesium oxidizes instantly more or less. Yo with caution

1 Like

I thought about finding alnilam on bst, because this yoyo looks cool, but i afraid buying one and it will loose value due to getting dirty.

1 Like

I personally think that yo’s should be bought to play with but either way Mg is not a yoyo that keeps its value after bumps. The alnilam with its rims may be a bit different of a case as it has stainless steel to protect it but still, approach it with caution

2 Likes

Thank you for advice.

1 Like

I have two Alnilams and yeah they get little black marks on them but dont miss out on such an incredible yoyo over something silly like that. I like it enough to even buy a 3rd :rofl::ok_hand:

1 Like

Just clean the coating with an eraser; good as new

1 Like

Like a pencil eraser?

Yep! Those white erasers work perfect, theyre a very mild abrasive that serve to remove the oils from your hands and other gunk very well. Worked great for my radix

2 Likes