MagicYoyo Opinion

What is everyones opinion on magic yoyos I had one to start and it was fine I just think they are cheapish. What is everyone else’s opinion

6 Likes

MYY is MYY. As a company to get yoyos from they’ve solo’d the first bind market and in general they make good yoyos that generally get overlooked because they’re not super collectable. As an OEM they’re a good OEM.

Outliers include stuff like the Katana(?) which is highly sought after iirc.

7 Likes

Depends on the yoyo.

I LOVE the V8 and V10. I believe them to be among the best bargains in yoyo, if not the best bargains. Especially so if you find them listed for half price, which happens pretty often.

I cant imagine all of their yoyos are as good but you cant beat these for the price. I struggle not to buy more when I see them on sale just cuz its such a good deal lol.

2 Likes

Vapormotion good too cus it has the touch of c3 upon it. Also will vouch for the M04 stealth

2 Likes

I specifically love them for beaters. Performance vs price is actually pretty amazing, so I know I’m getting something good to play with that can be easily replaced if it gets damaged or I can loan to people who inevitably want to walk the dog and whatnot.

The V8 is actually what brought me back into the YoYo hobby, and I still grab it quite often to be honest. They have some dud models, but on the whole, they have a lot of awesome throws for the prices.

I still travel with a V8 responsive, a V8 unresponsive, and a Log CW, and I’m good for almost everything. They’re incredibly beat up but still perform beautifully, haha.

4 Likes

Magic yoyo was my first yoyo that was not fixed axle. I still use the yoyo to this day and I bought others from them like, N11, V8 and D4 which is my first non fixed axle. I like the prices they have and what kind of yoyos they make as well the quality of them.

2 Likes

There certainly are others out there making more refined products…but those cost more. You typically get way more than what you pay for with MYY. I have had N12 Shark Honor, D5 and V3. I keep a V3 on hand as an amazing responsive throw.

1 Like

I have a n11 shark rock (idk what it’s called for sure), a locus v6, and a k1.
I mean they’re not the best but their dirt cheap wich makes them great for people who don’t know if they really wanna get into yo-yoing or not. They also come with like a glove a case strings a bearing remover and a bunch of other random helpful stuff that’s nice for beginners too, but they aren’t the beast so you get what you pay for

The name of the n11 is weight ring so N11 weight ring. The N12’s name is Sharks honor

1 Like

MYY best cheap yo-yos you can buy

5 Likes

magic yoyo is a good company, good yoyos for the money, good oem work, and they are great for the community and always sponsor all kinds of contests and events

2 Likes

Ahh ok silly me

I meant the T9 rock then, it has the same shark design on the side and I get them confused lol

It’s the yoyo I learned on, since the crappy wooden one I got from the free basket at a thrift store wasn’t good enough and 9 year old me wanted something “serious” :joy: i thought myy was the good stuff

To me magic yoyo is pretty good considering I don’t want to really spend 50 to about 200 dollars on a yoyo unless my parents are getting it or I have a good amount of money saved in my safe.

1 Like

For a new yoyo you possibly couldn’t get a better value for money.

They do their yoyos in very large quantities, in China, just like 90% of other yoyo companies, except they charge less.

Yoyos are actually solid, especially for bimetals!

2 Likes

In my opinion they are way too underrated. I don’t have many of their yoyos but most are not that bad. There are still some that are kind of bad but they really dont deserve the bad reputation in the yoyoing cominity.

1 Like

Sorry but what does OEM stand for?

Thanks

OEM stands for original equipment manufacturer

1 Like

Does that mean they are the wizard behind the curtain for other brands?

Never seen the V8 I was just about to get the laevateinn pink and black but I will have to check it out

1 Like

I’ve only tried the mini N8 and the y-07 hertz or whatever it’s called. Honestly, for the money, they are very good. And money aside, they are still very good yoyos. They are not that “cool” but man, what a great place to start.