Magic Yoyo N12 Shark Honor

I’m excited to be getting back into yoyos after years of not throwing. To feed that excitement I ordered myself a Magic Yoyo N12 Shark Honor. This one seemed to check a lot of boxes. It looks cool, I like the graphics. (I ordered the less common [less popular?] green.) It looks like it reviews well and it’s wider and a different shape than my other yoyos. Plus it’s an all-metal and cheap! (I paid less than $10.) Since this one is wider than my current yoyos I hoped that it might make it slightly easier to learn string tricks.

For those of you who have one, is this a pretty stable and forgiving yoyo? Is it a good yoyo because of the price or would it still be a good yoyo at 2x, 3x or 4x the price? For those of you who have a lot of yoyos or more expensive yoyos, do you still throw it or is it one of those yoyos that are fun for a while but then sits on the shelf? I’m looking forward to giving it a go but mine’s making its way from China so I’ll have to wait a while.

HTB1AypGjLNNTKJjSspfq6zXIFXaG

1 Like

Dude, great choice. This is a stellar yoyo. It plays like it could be sold for at least 40 bucks.

I bought mine for my second unresponsive yo-yo. Actually purchase this and an OD top deck (85usd) at the same time. When I got them both, I couldn’t tell the difference in playability. They both play very different from one another, but they are both very forgiving, stable and solid yoyos.

I do still play with mine, especially when I go out on walks with the family. The only thing I would caution is be careful when your screwing it back together, the aluminum is kind of on the strippy side. As long as you are mindful while screwing it back together it shouldn’t have any problems, but I’ve heard that they strip easily if you’re not careful. But hey, for 10 bucks you can’t beat it!

2 Likes

Yeah the n12 is widely considered the best inexpensive starter metal yoyo out there, if budget is the #1 concern:

The main criticism is that “it’s kinda boring” but that’s not a terribly compelling criticism of a $10 metal yoyo :wink:

From here I would go TopYo Silenus personally, or TopYo Colossus… both are pretty inexpensive at $30-40 but a definite step up in play and perf from the n12.

3 Likes

Yes, it’s a very good yoyo. Still one of the best choices for an inexpensive performer. It would remain a good yoyo even if it cost more. The difference is it would be recommended and talked about less. Is it something you’re going to pick up and play all the time if you have a collection of 100 yoyos? No, probably not. But if you’re on a budget or looking for something new, you can’t go wrong with an N12.

1 Like

This could get dangerous! Now I’ve kind of got an itch for cheap metals that out-perform their price point and play like their more expensive counterparts. I’ll have to practice restraint. I could go nuts on the Magicyoyo brand alone!

1 Like