Magic yoyos for more experienced players?

Ive seen a ton of magic yoyos floating around amazon and other places, and most of them under $15.
But then theres the magic yoyos in the $17-$25 price range, and Im wondering if they’re really worth it.
For example the V6 and the Silencer. Im pretty decent at yoyo, Ive made several combos. Im looking for a sort of ‘banger’ yoyo that wont matter too much if i dent it but still plays well.
Is it worth getting a silencer or something like that?

2 Likes

Not really, I would jump up to the $30 range (or slightly more) and try some TopYo at that point.

4 Likes

The Silencer is a good yoyo, but a little thin. It should suit your needs though.

I Think the N12 is probably a better choice.

5 Likes

I have a Silencer and it is dead smooth. I love it. But tastes vary. N12 is great and in my top 3 of what I own.

I don’t personally like the silencer much, but it’s inexpensive and gets the job done. Overall, I like the Y01 Node best of their less expensive offerings, but there are a lot of other monometals in that price range, even available here.

The n12 and node are both good. You need pads and an extra bearing though. The yellow MYY pads are notoriously slippy, and your chance of an off bearing are a little greater with MYY’s quality control.

N12 is balanced, the node is a bit heavier/rim weighted. It plays a lot like my Aluminum YYF Dream, although that probably means nothing if you never played one. :slight_smile:

Topyos are probably great, just don’t own any to comment. The selinus has a lot of fans.

2 Likes

Does the Node feel super heavy? I read in the specs that it is 68g.

No not “super” heavy. It feels solid, comfortable, and rim weighted. Plays lighter than 68gm would suggest.

The other more premium throws are better, in my opinion. M002 April is good though, and if u find a M003 magical, go for it. Its really good and RARE.
There are many good magic yoyo yoyos that are actually really good, although be selective with the WAY WAY older throws. Some older throws are not that good and they dont have stainless steel bearings

1 Like

I really absolutely love my M002! Been throwing that almost exclusively for 5-6 days!

1 Like

Exactly, although i dont think its the most comfy in catches. Really good other than that

N12 is the most bang for your buck from that company and most all companies for that matter. It’s a really great throw that plays like it costs 3 times that much.

The other 2 yoyos I own from them are the skyva and m002 april. The skyva is fun and a quality plastic. I don’t recommend the m002 because it’s more expensive than the N12 and not as good.

I hear the stealth is a really good bimetal for the price but I’ve never played with one.

1 Like

Spot on about the N12. It beats all else because it’s the cheapest one and rivals a YYF budget model in performance and quality.

The Stealth isn’t actually a bimetal. It’s 6061 with 6061 rings. I don’t really understand the point of it other than the rings can be a different colour.

Wait, isnt the N12 easily stripped? Most of the people in my country prefer the Node because we can get it for like 12-15$ here. (Old versions btw, the ones with the glossy cup) Although there is one shop selling New nodes, an official magicyoyo seller ran by a magicyoyo sponsored player. The new nodes are about 20$-25$, and actually the magicyoyo seller also sells the vapormotion, stealth, carpfin, vulfgang 6061/7075 etc.

The node is also not as easy to strip, compared to the N12.

How do people even strip a yoyo? Just opening it up?

Oops, my mistake. Most of us prefer to the node over the N12 for BEGINNER. beginners tend to open their yoyos alot and not screw the halves properly, also, damage their yoyo of course.

1 Like

The n12 is more prone to stripping conpared to the node

I never knew. The only yoyo I’ve had that was incredibly easy to strip was the Yoyofficer Kilter 2. Fortunately, I was sponsored by them so I had a couple.

Er what? It has steel rings. Are you thinking of the Photon?

3 Likes