Magic yoyos for more experienced players?

I think the stealth is also 7075, but im not sure lol

Yep. 7075 with stainless steel rings. Same for the katana

Oh whoops. I misread, I meant the Silencer, not the Stealth. I mixed up my magics.

1 Like

Aha, I wasn’t aware of the 2015 M001 Silencer. Indeed, 6061 with 6061 ring… sort of a style thing there I guess, the Silenus did this as well in its non-splash releases.

1 Like

I have a Silencer and really like it…

Yeah it’s good for sure. Just a little odd and thin.

1 Like

I suspect when people talk about “stripping” yoyos they really mean “cross-threading”.

I mean, either way it’s screwing up the threads because they weren’t careful.

2 Likes

Had my N12 for 3 years and it never stripped. Although I’ve never had any yoyo seriously damaged from cross threading. I just take care whenever I put them back together.

3 Likes

Skyva

2 Likes

I meant it for beginners, as they tend to ding and open their yoyos alot. Also, screw the halves NOT carefully. But it just might be my experience with beginners

2 Likes

Sorry, I have no idea what I just did there

I know it’s off topic, but since you brought it up, how do you feel about the Silenus? Have you played one? Tom at TnB’s had lots of praise and you n him seem to agree for the most part

1 Like

Silencer, you mean? It’s in my top 3.

Hotdiggidy is really a great yoyo - the second run has blast finish in the cups so that’s the one to look for. Very comfortable in the hand, super stable, long spin time and a finger grind lip AND fingerspin dimple. IMO it’s the best budget metal around. VERY good player and super fun.

2 Likes

Sorry for the confusion, I meant to direct that question @codinghorror since he brought up the Silenus. I know its not a MYY so probably not polite for the thread. However my fav MYY’s as you well know are the N12 and V6. Matter fact I’m about to put a Buddha bearing in my V6 right now!

1 Like

Yes, I like the Silenus shape quite a lot. One of my favorites. Great deal for the $ on splashes as well, like most TopYo splashes.

1 Like

Thanks buddy, I think I might just pick one up, can’t beat the price/praise ratio. And hey thanks again for sending me that mystery Christmas present.

1 Like

I totally agree with the Silenus. It is fantastic for the price and I really like the finish on it. It has a nice matte and great splash.

2 Likes

Yeah I destroyed the n12 in three days. Didn’t take much, no cross threading, just over tightened. Got to the end and it started spinnng freely. Halves wouldn’t stay together after that.

3 Likes

The people who don’t like splashes and want a decent throw should go for magic yo-yo.

1 Like