Magic yoyo N12 vs M002/April ? opinions

I’m new here, and fairly to yoyo-ing as well, so I am just getting into some intermediate yoyos… so I decided to give magic yoyos a try, since they seem like a total bargain and ordered the N12 and T5.
Now, I know what to expect, but just after I had finished my order I saw the April yoyo, which had a killer triple colour acid finish. Seemed quite good, too.
I guess besides a mainstream or well-known brand yoyo, my next buy might be that one, but I was wondering if anyone who has played both the N12 and the new April could give their opinion and elaborate on the way they think both play, how they differ.
Is there another magic that could top N12 or not, cuz that one seems the crowd favourite from this company?

Thanks in advance. Btw, what mid-range yoyos would you recommend, both in terms of price and quality(I have already been through the protostar/northstar, hesitating, so both plastic and metal suggestions are welcome)

The yoyofactory Shutter, is one of the best yoyos in it’s price range. Not to mention being able to any trick you can throw at it.

I have the april it plays amazing i don’t have a n12 but i do own a t5,n11,t9,k8,k9 and i think one other but by far the April is the best player hands down play as good as my superstar and other high end metal throws i love it plays smooth and has great spin time with the factory bearing i can usually pull off multiple tricks and still get a good bind

It’s hard to go wrong with an N12 at its price. No complaints from me regarding the M001 or M002 at their price as well. I really like them. Strong spinning and good to learn on.

Other metals I’d suggest in the budget range:

YYF Too HOT or YYO Musket are each $45.

YYO Kilter 2 and Duncan Echo 2 are $30 and $25 respectively.

There are so many solid options in the budget price range that it’s really hard to make a mistake. The last piece of advice I could give is to try to go for something more recent like the ones I’ve mentioned. Newer yoyos than models like the ProtoStar or the Metal Drifter play better for the same price.

I have two n12s and one m002. and honestly, I love the n12’s more! The way the profile is designed, and the very round edges make it a more comfortable throw than the m002.

don’t get me wrong, the m002 is a great yoyo too. The paintwork is top notch, and is definitely a more beautiful yoyo than the n12. The n12 paintwork however is super duper smooth. I am a noob and I do not know how to finger grind yet but it definitely will work much better than the m002.

I bought the n12s off ebay for dirt cheap, and the m002 was 3 times the price. I say definitely go for the n12 unless design is more important than function for you.

Take note that the response in the n12 and the m002 is the same, and is crap. Binds slip all the time even with fat kitty. The first thing you should do when you order one of these is to silicone the response. I use red rtv and it works perfect.

The bearing for the n12 is a 8 ball, and I believe the m002 is a 10 ball. I broke the m002 bearing immediately thanks to the stupid yyf multi-tool. It got stuck on the multi-tool and I broke it whilst prying it out. I do believe the bearing in the m002 is better when I spun it with my finger compared to the 8 ball in the n12.

That being said, the second thing you should do is clean the bearings in lighter fluid and lube it. The bearing performance was crap out of the box but after cleaning and a touch of lube it slept for at least 2 minutes on a normal throw. Not amazing, but great sleep time considering the price of these throws.

From an owner of both yoyos, my recommendation is definitely the n12. It is definitely not over-hyped. I rarely even touch my m002.

Hope this helps anyone who is considering magicyoyo.

pics of the yoyos

Those were some of my first yo-yos and I enjoy the n12 and I still throw it today. I just need to clean the bearing and lube it up and it would still be good :D.