Magic yoyo K series.

you can’t do that on the K9 because the stack is flush with the yo-yo and there isn’t room to get a string between them.

Aw damn. I’m learning. XD So like the yyf hubstack after glow?XD

I contacted MagicYoyo. They say removing the stack could permanently ruin it. They advised me to leave the stacks alone.

If anyone knows of a method to take them off without destroying them, shoot me a PM.

Nah, AfterGlow is easy - just pry it off gently with a spoon (I learned that from YYF directly).

1 Like

As I said before, a small suction cup will pull off the plastic piece of the stack without damage. However the rubber o-ring is more tricky and I destroyed one taking it off with a pin, luckily I have about 100 spares.

Yeah I did that too with some wd40, so bought some at a hardware store but the ones I picked up where too thick, so with some careful knife work, I have double then what I had AND they fit. XD

BTW
has anyone paid close attention to the details of the chinese market magic yoyo box?
do you see the coyboy in the top left?
I guess that is how magic says
“American like our brand”
bahahaha

That’s Luke Renner. LOL

He’s a northern New Mexico/Four Corners Area Yoyo promoter. He runs a contest every year around the Fourth of July. I’ve attended and won the last two years. It’s sponsored by YoyoFactory, Duncan, Yomega, and of course MagicYoyo. This year he started repping MagicYoyo more seriously. He’s done shows and a small scale tour. Even won an advanced sports ladder division at US Nationals with a K9. He’ll be doing a show in Las Vegas for children with disabilities at Zappos shoe headquarters soon. I’ve seen him on some other MagicYoyo packages and I think the picture they decided to go with is kinda corny, but that’s just his personal swag. He’s a cool dude and I’m glad to say I actually know the guy. Outside of yoyoing he is a professor at a university.

About the hubstack video: My life has become unexpectedly busy. I’ll still make a video when I have time, but it’ll be a couple days maybe more. PM if you want to see it once it’s made. I’ll send ya a link.

wow. thanks for filling me in on that lol. i kinda just thought it was a random dude with a cowboy hat lol

“Civilian and Professional”

“America Like our Brand”
So similar to the chinese ads here lol

1 Like

i looked up luke renner. seems like a cool dude. here is a video of him using the K9 in a trick tutorial for superman https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rz4nSsoyHI0
he also uses the N12 for a little bit

The hubstacks on the k9 are absolutely terrible. I’m not even kidding. The plastic covering the bearings (this is a guess) seem to catch on to the aluminum surrounding surrounding them, and the hubstacks donnot spin.The yoyo itself is okay, it comes with some vibe and doesn’t spin very long. It plays just like a $30 yoyo. I really don’t have any good things to say about this yoyo, i would steer clear.

you sure it’s not the o rings? I had a issue like that but it turnd out to be the o rings

I hope it is. How did you get the caps off?? Suction cups?

My issue was with a n9, so I took the string and pushed it between the yoyo and z stacks and just looped it around and pulled it off (O ring might go flying). With a cap, try suction cup, (On a ner gun dart) And for me, getting my DM cap off with a nerf gun dart was hard and I barely did it with like, a pull down and up motion. XP For you I don’t know.
but if it was the o ring, I took a fellet knife (Sharp knife) and cut the o ring in half, steading it with a nail file. XP That’s what I did. And if you mess up, don’t worry, I used o rings I bought from a hard ware store to practice.