Magic drop help

Hey guys! Wondering how do I get the magic drop to reject. I doesn’t reject the pointer finger string but does for the thumb.

2 Likes
3 Likes

Oh hey owen, I’m #general on youtube. (I think you subbed to me, I’m the one who said my civility doesn’t vibe) Anyway, I have watched the tutorial but it still rejects when I hit it from my thumb.

1 Like

Its all in the L

4 Likes

Patrick Dressel has an old tut that helped me a lot. Don’t think of it as swinging over your gun hand you gotta pop that jawn

The key I found was passing the yoyo over your throwhand as close as possible to your finger, the more space the less likely the rejection will happen. Second thing that helped was having my throwhand up higher than my NTH.

1 Like
4 Likes

Try getting the yoyo as close to your throw hand as possible when you bring it around your hand for the rejection. Also keep your hand in the correct “L” position until after the string rejects… But the first tip is what really made a difference for me!

1 Like

I liked this tutorial
https://youtu.be/yawFExkUjOI

I watched Brandon’s video and it still doesn’t reject on the pointer.

Did I do it?!

1 Like

No you didn’t sadly🥲 I can do it it now

2 Likes

Keep the throw close to your throw hand as it goes around, as well as keep that thumb and pointer apart.

Besides that just takes practice

I got it down now thanks!

1 Like