Mac Miller

And this is a fine example of how the music industry has brainwashed the juvenile minds of todays youth into being only into what is hyped.

Typical.

Listen to something beautiful and meaningful, see it aint well known, oh snap avoid like the plague. Listen to something autotuned and mainstream produced for money, see its well known, oh snap this is awesome!

Pathetic losers.

People like that are the reason music is dying. Keep it real.

J

Even though I prefer rock and pop, Eminem is the only rapper I actually can listen to. I hate raps like Snoop Dog or 50 Cent.

1 Like

I agree that most mainstream rap isn’t very good and is overrated, but I do realize there is some talent there. Personally, I believe Mac Miller is talented, but I dislike, how Raphael said, that nearly all of his lyrics are about partying, alcohol, women, etc. I’ve heard some pretty good rhymes from him. Also, Mac Miller isn’t even that mainstream. Lil Wayne is just…no… I <3 Nujabes. What gets me, is the fact I enjoy songs that I can feel the emotions put into it, disregarding the genre. Most mainstream songs in general, I just don’t feel anything from them.

which is completely understandable and i do agree with that. i personally do not listen to rap as i mentioned above, to be completely honest i listen to exclusively country most of the time, but that is a different topic. unfortunately for me, a lot of people around me do, so i do still hear it. but the main places i would listen to rap, like i mentioned above would be at a party or around large groups of people where it would be popular so I am going to want to listen to something everyone at the party would know. But if i listen to rap personally it definately will not be mainstream, and i have never gotten into autotuned anything. i must say if it is mainstream though they must be doing something right, am i wrong? the objective of these mainstream rappers are to make it so people hear their music, they gotta make their money too.

I’ve made it a point never to decide I like a song based on popularity it’s easy for me to like a song that people aren’t ga ga over, but I find it difficult to like a song that is mainstream.

But I will listen to a song if it’s popular or not if I enjoy it.

When it comes to rap I don’t listen to most of it because I can’t stand the vulgarity and explicit themes but I do love to hear rap as long as it’s not too over the top.

On the topic of music I find that a lot of people tend to limit themselves to one genre when there’s so much more to experience then just one kind of music. I often times have to remind myself there’s more then just electronica. :smiley:

Like 80’s Club Dance. C=

wayne vs mac is apples and oranges* waynes got half his life on this dude and macs delivery is horrible. take this from someone who rapped in “The Cutting Room”. Look it up. NYC… On the whole Suburban rapper thing Chris Webby is the best. Even calls out my town
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZImczdw9mE[/url]

HAAAAAAAAAA wow Josh out did yourself this time. Stick to your day job. Your making great points but you don’t get music industry* if your saying this.

Oh on the contrary good sir, I have been involved in music for years, I know what I am talking about as I have seen quite a bit of stuff going on behind the scenes.
“Go back to my day job?” You know what, make me, I dare you.
Yeah, thats what I thought.

J

1 Like

So How bet dem Mac and Cheese Miller?

1 Like

It’s still the cheesiest :wink:

im with “almost famous” hip hop in the day was actully “hip hop” with lyrics that deal with lifestyle i will quote N.W.A most notorious group rappers that talk about growing and living in the ghetto COMPTON heights or 2pac talking about his mother,drugs,prison and Thug Life or biggie or wu-tang but before that it was like hip hop disco but anywho to modern hip hop, now these day they talk about drugs,girls party and ETC but they are not even using a hip hop beat so i am not a big fan in today music unless it has a hip hop beat to it so jay-z i listen or drake in a on-off situation

We all have preferences, and I agree that this is good stuff, but one of the biggest reason why people like the luvsic series is because of Nujabes. It’s a good song, but it’s really, really hard to understand and follow Shing02 when he’s rapping. It’s funny because in interviews, he doesn’t really have this strong foreigner’s accent.

As for MacMiller, he’s young, he still has potential. We just have to wait until he discovers and becomes solid with his own style since he is still “new”. But as for now, I think there are plenty of other better rappers than him.

As for mainstream rappers, they are mostly “trash”. However, there are still some exceptions, and it’s nice to listen to some decent mainstream rap from time to time.

People can’t say rap is bad. If they do, they have never listened to Blackalicious or Immortal Technique. Those guys kill it. They put out music with more heart and soul than many other musicians. See: Dance with the Devil by Immortal Tech.

That being said, I like most rap. And Mac Miller is hit or miss with me, he only has a few songs that I like, but those songs I REALLY like. e.g. Donald Trump, Frick Park Market.

Lil wayne is a joke… mac isn’t too bad, I just haven’t had the time to get into him.

I guess Mac is ok. Lil Wayne can still kick his butt though. Let me explain first before you start to criticize. I think lil Wayne’s most meaningful song is how to love. Lol that’s like the only song where he only cusses twice. I have yet to hear such a song from Mac. Ok I’m still a pop and rock person. Any day I will choose the wanted, one republic, Coldplay, Adele, foster the people, and likewise over rap. To be honest, I am disgusted by 50 cent akon Mac and everyone else. I admit to liking the song cat daddy. The beat is real catchy but I wish the words weren’t cusses 3/4 times though. When my brother listens to his rap, It annoys my to the core.
So I’m a pop and rock person through and through, but will listen to the more decent rap from time to time. I guess stay true to what you like, but don’t be afraid to listen to other music or give it a chance, you might actually like it.

Rap= anyone can do it.

Unless you are singing fast, or actually singing.

Nicki minaj( I know she is annoying) is like death to my ears. She just talks with an annoying, voice that she trys to make sound low. Half of the rappers out there aren’t any better than anyone, except the fact they have 300 tattoos( nothing against tattoos but lil wayne you know?).

Please don’t staart a war.

80’s-90’s rap FTW!

And you don’t want to start a war. Don’t say “Anyone can do it.” Many of these artists put their heart and soul into this music.

I would recommend you research before you input into a discussion such as this…

You just said so many ignorant things that it makes me sad…

Anyway, I found I actually like 1 Weezy song. “The Motto” It is super catchy and has a good flow to it.

:wink: These were the days.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mnm0FILNb5M

Garbage.
Enimem is better by far.

Modern rap is like modern dubstep: everything is garbage with a few exceptions. Usually the most popular ones are the worst.
The older versions are so much better.

lets see if people know what this means YMCMB