Luftverk Evora!!!!

Ditto Mr. Buck :wink:

You need to have more faith in yourself Greg. :wink:

2 Likes

Haha! Yuss. Yuss I do.

Why would they get them to retailers? They sold 45 $270-$350 yoyos in a matter of hours without anyone’s help and didn’t have to skimp on the margins or charge an exorbitant price. He probably made more in a few hours than OD does in a month. Win-win for sellers and consumers alike. The real lesson here is that if you make a product people want it’ll sell itself. It’s sad that from what i can tell only about 5% of yoyo companies understand this basic premise, all while wondering why their solid-ano’d, 6061, organic v-shaped yoyos aren’t selling.

Oh man that’s a can o worms. I see positives to both sides of that decision business wise.

From a consumer point of view I love being able to get everything from one place like YYE!

Well, if nothing else; we All know how little you know about One Drop, lol

Or were you just exaggerating to make a point of sorts?

And by the way you have also proven you know Absolutely nothing about the Evora project.

His costs; his margin; his purpose, etc.

Nathan you should at least have a Clue regarding what you are talking about before ‘Tank on takeoff’.

1 Like

Every time someone publicly guess how much money a yoyo company makes, a kitten dies.

4 Likes

stop the murder of harmless little kittens…

this also pertains to people guessing how old steve Brown is…

The Evora is so beautifully designed that looking at it makes my eyes water, it’s like poetry but in yo-yo form. It has officially entered as the only yoyo that I must own before death list. No seriously, the curves, the hub, the cup, and the everything of that yoyo is that poetic.

1 Like

It says 39 on Steve’s Facebook. No need to guess with the power of the internet!

1 Like

i woulda thought fifty… the guys been around since the dinosaurs…they didnt even have rocks at that time cause they weren’t invented yet.

Alecto, Open Mike at the Subway Stand up Comedy Club…tonight!

Bring your Best 60 Second Game.

Just remember if you’re not funny they don’t throw tomatoes. They throw rocks the size of your head.

1 Like

I heard the recent Yetis will be used to fund Chris’ 458 Italia purchase (jk)

I dunno, you tell me. How quick do any of the big-name companies new releases sell? How long will online yoyo stores keep stocking their new runs when the old stuff doesn’t move? This isn’t about OD in particular, just a general stagnation i’ve noticed in the community among manufacturers, especially North American ones, in the last year or two. I went from buying 20+ yoyos a year to buying 3-5. Why? I’m far more successful now than i was a few years ago, but the releases have gotten so stale. I think a lot of online yoyo stores are overly generous with the stock they’re willing to accept and it ends up costing them money in the long run and also distorts to manufacturers where the actual demand is. It’s going to especially become an issue as more and more companies pop up with few differentiating themselves from each other. Just my opinion. The whole point of which was to say what a good job Jeffrey did to create a beautiful yoyo, at a great price (all things considered), with unique finishes, in a fairly quick time frame, and sell them himself. This is what i like to see, not these complacent companies afraid of taking any risks or trying to do something new.

clears throat

Wow! Great job on this release, Jeffrey! Really looking forward to getting mine. Congratulations on taking such a huge risk, I’m really glad it worked out and I hope that you are as excited about the success of this project as we are!

/thread

Hmmm… Well uh… I just wanted to echo Dave. :o :’( ;D

Oh gosh why didn’t I get one. I’m feeling extremely regretful at the moment. Hopefully there is another run.

He would get them to retailers, for the same reasons as all the other companies deal with retailers. They reach people who would not buy from him direct, there’s more marketing for the product, and the benefit of their customer service, which frees them up to do other things. Most of them are selling more than 45 yo-yos too. I agree with 'doc, because you don’t have any basis to compare those 45 yo-yos sold to One Drop monthly sales stats.

I’d give a lot of credit to a company who can sell their solid ano’d 6061 v-shaped yo-yo, because so many exist to compete with. If you make any decent titanium yo-yo, and only 45 of them, based on collector demand alone, they are guaranteed to sell. I can’t speak about this product, and it does look like a great design, but the fact that they sold does not surprise me at all. There is no lesson to really be learned from it. Even a merely decent titanium made in limited quantity would have sold in a day.

I have some interest in the product, but we’ll see what they do next, because that will determine whether I bite. We’ll see if they send some to retail in the future.

5 Likes

I’m pretty sure that when the CiTizen drops, Onedrop will sell 100+ ~$300 yoyos in a matter of seconds.

2 Likes

The shape of this yoyo grew on me the more I looked at it. I wanted to try one out and was very very tempted to pull the trigger but ended up holding off until they were sold out.