Best new performance yo?

Hey guys, its been about a year since Ive posted.

Still rocking my bi-metal shutter. I had the collapsar but sold it due to school fees.

Im wondering if there are new throws out there that rein king?

Really wide gap, 70g or less.(very fast) and real powerful.

Or if the same throws from a year ago are king?

Bi metal or reg metal.

(Just not titanium as I cant afford the cost)

$250 usd or less.

9 Likes

I’m not sure if it’s king, but the new Yoyofriends Nucleon is solid and very reasonably priced at $80 or less.

11 Likes

If you like the Shutter line, I DO, step into the EVO.

I’m a huge fan of Butter but EVO just screams. The alignment tool is a bonus too.

9 Likes

You need a Motion - Kinetic - light, fast, super powerful. the most performance driven YoYo in my opinion.

15 Likes

Have you looked into the Duncan Gtr Js?

7 Likes

I think if he is looking for more speed Tachyon is probably better.

4 Likes

That could be. I was just thinking in terms of what’s new.

3 Likes

For my money the Duncan GTR JS is probably the one I would take for competition. There is a lot of choice out there though.

3 Likes

I would recommend the yoyofriends graviton, that thing is a beast.

8 Likes

I wood recomand the edge FS 2.0. the thing is a beast. Very good for finger spins. Incredibly powerful and stabel. It is a bit heavy but I don’t think it will be as powerful as it is if it wasn’t a little on the havier said

3 Likes

Hendiatris is the best performing yoyo.

4 Likes

What motion said i gota agree with

If your looking at dropping 120 on a model that will outperform your expectations. This this is the one. The issue is they’re all basically sold out.

The bonus is he has a preorder right now for his newest model, Accelerated, a smaller bell shaped bi-metal that is an absolute unit.

Im not going to contests or anything but i appreciate quantity throws such as A-rt, TP, MFD, C3 and I definitely think that if you tried one of his throws you’d love it

5 Likes

In my opinion TP hinemosu and TP palpitation ES is most powerful throw

5 Likes

Do you like hybrids?

14 Likes

Enjoyed a nice long sesh with the monarch yesterday, such a wonderful yoyo

2 Likes

What’s your price range? There are plenty of used TP’s and YYR’s that can be had in around $80-140 range. Some that come to mind:
YYR: Toru, Inevitable and Tone
TP: MSG, Aster, Proto BGM, Counter Jet

I think you’ll be hard pressed to find something better in terms of a pure performance with an emphasis on tech standpoint.

If you’re looking for faster moving yo-yos check out C3. Hydrogen Crash, and progressiver are both insane yo-yos.

In terms of boutiques (some bias):

Thesis has a new yo-yo dropping which is a collab with GoodLife however I haven’t tried it so no comment on performance but it might be something to wait for.

Dressel’s new emotion has a heavier play than the monarch but shares a similar shape and overall string feel. You lose some speed/maneuverability but gain some control and stability aspects. The Monarch is still a wonderful yo-yo, their similarities make it a “which flavor of apple” type comparison depending on if your focus is maneuverability or a slower more control focused play.

6 Likes

The TP Hinemosu sounds exactly like what you’re looking for. And it is reportedly being restocked here on YYE soon.

6 Likes

I’ll third kinetic. It’s the only yo-yo aside from my Voyage that allow me to rip skin the gerbil without going into horizontal play inadvertently. Which is to say I’m really bad at managing how even my string is, but the kinetic don’t care. It just do.

4 Likes

That’s just outside my comfort zone, price wise, but damn those rims make that look a whole lot more comfy.

1 Like

If you like heavy but comfirtable throw, hinemosu will be the best answer I guess :slight_smile:

1 Like