Luftverk Evora!!!!

Garrett, quick question… how do you feel about bribes?

Just wondering…

4 Likes

Ordered mine. Pretty excited.

Very excited. As much as I liked the purple I had to try the special edition. Very anxious to see how it feels.

I thought about it. But couldn’t really justify the extra cost and preferred the purple. That said if i get the purple and love it i’m gonna kick myself for not getting both so i dunno. Maybe i’ll have to consider grabbing the other one tonight as well.

Well, the limited one is sold out.

Definitely gonna have to take a break and get my yoyo funds back up.

I’m surprised purple is still in stock.

Glad to see some were still in stock once I got off my 16 hour day at work. The purple looks really nice in the pictures, so I assume it’s going to look even better in person. I’m excited, it’s always good to have more titanium in your arsenal.

I’m so mad there were still some of the purple in stock. Here it is almost 4 hours after they put them up for sale and they still had some left?? As a result, I had to buy one. So I’m also in the market for a chair with some lumbar support, you know, on account of me not having a spine.

Meh, spines are overrated anyway. :wink:

By the time I was somewhat interested in these, and knew where to buy them, I saw the color left, and I didn’t want to get that one. Were there ever any raw ones for sale? I saw some photos of raw ones posted. I saw the Yoyonews article, but it wasn’t really a review, so I wasn’t completely sold on it. We’ll see if they get some raw ones, and get them to retailers.

Do you or anyone else know if they can be stripped? I was in agreement that I liked the raw look better, so even though the color wasn’t my favorite, I still got it with an afterthought that I might, at a later date, have someone (who is better at this than I am) strip it back to raw.

I wish I knew. It would just be a shame to get one for $270+ shipping, and still wish it was raw. :-\ I decided to roll the dice on this one. I’ll wait and see if he does another run with some raw ones, and maybe sends some to U.S. retail. Then, they’ll have my attention.

There definitely weren’t any raw, unless he lets a prototype or two out into the wild.

My understanding from our own Kyo (haven’t ever tried myself) is that those who don’t mind DIY should be able to easily get it to raw… titanium “ano” is very different from aluminum, and is more easily worked away.

But there are those who don’t want to do DIY, which is perfectly valid as well. Those people would be out of luck. The “special editions” had a more raw-ish or at least neutral look, but there was that glorious-sounding finish…

I went purple, so I won’t get to experience that teflon-like surface. But the colour-shifting purple is going to be en route. Which is pretty cool.

1 Like

So apparently rust remover. But I don’t know how they are anodizing this specific TI.

Manually with a fine grit , maybe even a scotchbright pad would work as well.

1 Like

Thanks for the info you guys! But, to be clear, I’m not disappointed that I’m getting one of the purple ones. I’m looking forward to it. I’ve never had a ceramic bearing either, so it will be fun to see how THAT plays as well. I was just keeping the idea of stripping it on a back burner. I like raw titanium the best. But, truthfully, the odds that I do it are low. It would take some effort from me that I’m less than likely to offer. :wink:

That purple is gonna be sick. I really like purples though.

So pumped, so pumped!

Does anyone know if the ceramic bearings are concave or flat? :-\

Can’t really tell from any of the pictures.

I am 99.9% sure they are concave.

1 Like

I sure hope you’re right Greg…otherwise mine will be replaced immediately :wink: