LTS Collection (Individual or together) - Only accepting payment via Zelle, No PayPal

Idk why everyone is so bent out of shape about him only wanting zelle. If it bothers you, don’t buy the yoyos from him…it’s as simple as that. It’s no different than him saying he only wants a specific trade or something.

Idk why you’re so bent out of shape about us not wanting others (esp new people) to get scammed. If it bothers you, just don’t comment…it’s as simple as that.

If you want to send this guy an envelope of cash in the mail and hope you get a yoyo in return, then by all means have at it. Let us know how it goes.

2 Likes

I don’t want the yoyos, so I’m not gonna do that. It just doesn’t need to be commented 30x that people don’t understand why he only wants zelle, especially when he has had the same responses every time. It’s /his/ sale post, and he wants the payment in /his/ preferred method. There’s no rule on the forum that says payments are paypal only. If someone comes to an agreement with him then that’s fine

trades aren’t really comparable since people w/o feedback (like OP) trading with people who do have feedback are required to send first 99% of the time.

Also op says that they’ve been burned before, which indicates they have b/s/t history elsewhere. I don’t know why they wouldn’t want to point to this feedback if it’s good considering they have none here and are asking for buyers to purchase w/o any protection or assurance that they’re reputable; that they don’t link to it is another red flag imo.

2 Likes

Would you accept paypal for the Hattrick?

3 Likes

You’re supporting the seller’s best interest. We have been supporting the buyer’s best interest. How do you not understand the discussion?

1 Like

I understand the discussion perfectly fine, as does anyone else that can read the post and the first few comments. I’m simply saying it doesn’t need to keep being reiterated when the guy clearly isn’t going to change the payment method that he is accepting.

You’re saying the same things the seller has said. Why does it need to keep being reiterated?

1 Like

Ill use zelle without question. Can you do 25 for the akita?

9 Likes

Just trying to equal things out and make sure everything is fair, same as you.

@phillipjenkins Thank you for understanding my frustration.

This post has been flooded by people warning about Zelle, suggesting I am a scam, making fun of me and my preference to sell. I think this is enough, if the moderators deem my post to be unfit and take it down…that is completely fair and their right to do so. As far as I am aware, I have broken no rules here and find it disappointing that it has gone this far. You don’t have to buy from me, I have put warnings on the post itself coupled with the 10’s of msges saying I might be bullshit. I think this is enough.

I would think you would have taken all this kerfuffle as a hint that something is wrong. Instead you seem to be doubling down.

To be honest, even Zelle is suggesting not to do business with you.

From Zelle’s own website under “PAY IT SAFE WITH ZELLE®”:
“Zelle® is a fast, safe and easy way to send money to friends and family. It’s similar to cash. So you want to make sure you use it to pay only people you know and trust, like your roommate, your dad or your dog sitter. Not people you don’t know, like that stranger selling suspiciously cheap concert tickets [or yoyos] on the Internet.”

You are correct, but take a guess why the BST “Rules” state at #4:
“If paying money versus trading YoYoExpert highly recommends using PayPal ‘Goods & Services’ as a payment option. If seller requests ‘Friends & Family’ payment be aware there is no protection from PayPal or the forum if the trade should go bad. A payment sent via ‘Goods & Services’ means PayPal will support you when something is lost or not received as expected. If seller feels it necessary they should include the PayPal ‘fees’ as part of purchase price. Paying using ‘Friends & Family’ is at your own risk.”

I’m not saying you are a scammer. I am saying you are tone deaf. I apologize if I have upset you.

8 Likes

:rofl:LOL Thanks @Guapocamacho

3 Likes

I’m not tone deaf, I understand your concerns. I just keep stating that I DO NOT MIND IF NOBODY WANTS TO BUY THEM. This is just an option I posted to fund another hobby of mine which I could pay out of pocket if I want. I just thought since I don’t throw anymore they could sell and go to a home that can appreciate them at the moment. If they dont sell, I am totally fine with that as well. I think you might be tone deaf. Repeating this same stuff is a giant waste of time.

I take back what I said; I now think you are a scammer.

6 Likes

LMAO at this point it’d be funny to see if someone with some cash to burn actually Zelle’s him and sees if he ships or not

2 Likes

bump. :man_shrugging:t3:

5 Likes

At risk of overstating the obvious, the problem here isn’t just the request to use an unprotected payment method, it’s the fact that the request is being made by:

1. Someone with no prior selling reputation on the forum
  2. Someone who openly admits to having dealt with multiple (supposedly fraudulent) PayPal chargebacks when selling things in the past
  3. Someone who claims to be financially secure “beyond the norm” but can’t risk losing $100 or less
  4. Someone who openly warns that it is risky to buy from them

This raises more red flags than any BST post I’ve seen since the time I that guy named “not_a_scammer” insisted that he was legit and then uhhh… scammed everyone.

If OP is legit, sorry that everyone is giving you a hard time, but there’s a certain degree of trust you need to display towards others when you’re new to a community, and if you use the tools provided by the people who so generously run this forum (I.e. feedback threads, legit checks, reputation scores) then there’s a near zero chance that you’ll be taken advantage of ESPECIALLY by some of the people in this thread (I’d trust @edhaponik more than some people I’m related to)

11 Likes

Still got 25 bucks for akita through zelle. Can pay immediately. Let me know!
Also would you mind sending before i pay? I know there is no security if we do it this way but its what i prefer. Thanks!

5 Likes

Thank you for being polite about it.

1. Understandable, I have participated in other BST forums in the past and this is important. I personally am new to this forums and (out of respect) don’t really know or care about others reputation here. If it was a forum I knew and trusted, then yes I would be fine with trusting rep. I get that this might be a weird thing to say since you guys seem to have a tight knit circle…but for me I’m not apart of it thus I am not going to really focus much on it.
  2. I have had two cases in the past where a buyer, with the support of PayPal, have scammed me out of items. One for providing two addresses (the one he requested for me to ship to, and his actual home address where he made the claim I never sent to). The second was for a damaged item, to which it was not when I sent it. I also packaged it properly so either it was them who damaged it or the shipping company. Point being he got his money back and I never even got the item back.
  3. This is kind of a dumb point in my eyes. Just because someone is well off means they should put their money at risk? To me, using paypal anymore is a risk.
  4. I have put a warning because it seems like that would be the fair thing to do, I am not hiding the fact I will only use Zelle…a few people who are messaging me I have warned in DMs myself about Zelle since that seems like the fair thing to do. Should I remove the warnings? I did not know that was a “shady” thing.

I am glad you posted in a respectful manner and I really appreciate it. I also understand why people are getting defensive I just think its going waaaaaay overboard now to the point that people are just being rude. I am not going to faulter from my original stance on how I will sell my items. You are free to not buy from me and if you want to keep bumping this post with the same information…I guess go ahead. I just am tired of getting the notification for the same thing.