Low price Intermediate responsive

Looking for reliable, readily available ball bearing responsive yoyos under $30, around $20 is even better. I want them to still have enough power to get through some basic string tricks. I’d like to have a few as giveaways. Any ideas?

2 Likes

Buy a bunch of recess first bases

6 Likes

Yeah the recess first base is a great option !!! But unfortunately their out of stock here at YYE at the moment but I think the shooting star is a good option as well and their in stock too :grin:

2 Likes

Take that back, buy a bunch of Da Bombs

Way cheaper

3 Likes

First Base (and several other models from other brands) comes with two different bearings so you can set them up responsive or unresponsive and they work nicely both ways. MYY K2 Crystal is similar though not as nice. YYF makes one as well that’s really inexpensive (and is in stock):

1 Like

Magicyoyo V3, $15 for black, $18 for a pink/blue/black splash. Make sure you find the kit that has slim bearing installed and the unresponsive bearing in the box. I’ve given so many of these away, they’re great yoyos. they’re all over the big a.

4 Likes

I would consider the iYoyo Shooting Star. Might be blasphemy, but I like it better as both a responsive and unresponsive than the First Base.

5 Likes

is the shooting star a machined plastic ala speedaholic xx, or injeciton moulded?

2 Likes

Feels almost like the same yoyo. Same with the R2FG Frosted Euclase. But @Roy_Dodge has a point, it’s really nice. I’m not sure which I prefer between the First Base and the Shooting Star, but you can’t go wrong with either. OTOH, if you’re giving them away, you might consider the Arrow which is half the price I think of the Shooting Star.

3 Likes

It’s machined.

2 Likes

If you want as cheap as possible the Magicyoyo K2 Crystal would be a good option. It’s a good enough yoyo that multiple boutique brands (Offset/Chunkeez) have rebranded them to sell alongside their own products.

If you’re okay spending more money then I’ll echo what everybody else in the thread said, the iYoyo Shooting Star.

1 Like

Thanks to everyone who commented. I looked at the shooting star today and completely overlooked that it was responsive (oops). I was just like, huh another cool design from iYoyo :joy: I’ll have to give that a try. I only buy new from yoyoexpert so myy is out of the picture. If first base ever comes in stock I’ll give that a go too!

3 Likes

I just got a Shooting Star today primarily for responsive play and am really enjoying it! It’s got a great feel in the hand and on the string. Not a bad throw at all for $30. I originally wanted the First Base as well but didn’t want to wait around for it to come back in stock at YYE so went with the Shooting Star.

2 Likes

Yoyoempire Boreas or maybe topyo mojos