Looping Yoyos

This was my question for Jayyo as well. How does a Raider Ex with the smallest spacers match up to well-modded Raiders?

Also in regards to Speetles: I have a pair of speed beetles modified to have loop 720 response. Very fun little things. I’m not good enough at 2A to say good/bad, but fun can never be bad.

well yeah, but grant still gets them. granted he’s sponsored by yyj. but still, there are still aquariuses on the b/s/t every now and again.
I got a pair of sigma blade zweis which were discontinued for a while before I picked them up.
They’re nice loopers if you can get your hands on a pair.

How about Fireballs? Err, modded fireballs? I’ve heard a few players in the Philippines who use Fireballs instead of Raiders or whatnot.

Ill comment on this.
Let it be known that fireballs and raiders are the EXACT same yoyo. They are molded on the same yoyo mold, exact same specs, weight, everything. Only difference is that the fireball uses a plastic sleeve instead of a bearing that sits on a slightly greater circumference axle.

A modded fireball is essentially removing the axle and plastic sleeve and replacing it with raider axle and bearing, at that point, it is literally a raider with fireball graphics. From there, its just a matter of doing the raider mod.

The reason some players prefer to use fireballs over the raiders is color preferences. Fireballs tend to be stocked with brighter and more appealing colors than raiders, so many players take the extra time to mod the fireballs instead.

Literally though, the same yoyo.

J

1 Like

If I got the raider ex’s would I have to mod it at all or would they be fine with the different spacers?

Raider ex doesn’t have to be modded…
unless you’re really wanting something different, it’s decent in stock, as long as you can choose which spacers that suit your needs.

Thank you for your response, Jay. I figured I should bump this so others can see this, too. :]

i don’t loop anymore but way back when i had a duncan proyo and a klutz rocket yoyo i had so much fun with those