Looping Yoyo

I’ve been yoyoing for about a year now. I started with a YYF FAST before moving to a Dark Magic 2. Love the DM and starting “master” a few advanced tricks from the tutorial.

I now fancy getting a looping yoyo but not sure where to start. I don’t want to spend much money on it.

What do you recommend and what string should I use with it.

Cheers
Nick :slight_smile:

A great beginner looping yo-yo is the Unleashed by YYJ.

A great advanced looper is the Loop 900 by YYF.

I am not sure what type of strings would be good but I believe that 100% polyester by Yoyoexpert.

Have fun with looping!

Anyone may correct me if I am wrong.

1 Like

Get an Unleashed. Under $20. Get a pair, it’s affordable.

The odd part about loopers is that beginner/advanced, it’s the same gear. It doesn’t matter if you’re new or a pro, they pretty much use the same gear.

Unlike 1A where there are yoyos designed specifically for beginners, intermediate and advanced players, 2A is a bit flatter.

There are other options. Yomega’s Raider EX comes to mind as well as the YYF Loop 900. Since you don’t want to spend too much, I am recommending the Unleashed because it’s more than the Raider and easy to set the gap, uses a starburst response and is pretty much ready to get you started out of the box. I hear sometimes the Raider EX’s need a bit of help to be ready. The Loop 900 comes with an adjustment tool, but since it has mechanics for the adjustment, it costs more, although it’s not that much more. The price gap becomes more an issue when you buy in pairs. A pair of Unleashed is under $40, while the Loop 900’s are nearly $50.

I’m enjoying the Unleashed a lot when I do try looping.

1 Like

Thanks guys. Probably going to get an unleashed. Had a look on a uk site and they’re about £14 which is $21, not too bad.